Calorie counting and WW

Options
13»

Replies

• Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Amber, WW is having a promo now if you're not currently a Monthly Pass member... Prepay 6 months of monthly pass at 50% off ($128.95) for six months.

If you're interested go to www.weightwatchers.com/6months (if you do have eTools, log out first.. it will ask for your ID and password if you already have one).. Works out to having both the meetings and online tools for only $4.95 a week. I decided to do that and went back last weekend.. I need the "face-to-face" accountability and at half price I'm now committed till the end of June.

I signed up before I saw this. we have WW at work so we get it like $3 cheaper a month or something. but looking at that link, it says 50% off first month only. How do you get it by prepaying for the first 6 months? I would have totally dont that!
  • Joleca
    Joleca Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You have to make sure you're not actively logged into any WW account when you go to the link: www.weightwatchers.com/6months

since I use Firefox as my browser and stay logged in, I used Internet Explorer and it took me to the 6 month promo. Wish I could copy and paste a picture, but it won't let me.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I ended up re-activating my WW account. I feel like I need to put my money where my mouth is to actually make me stick to the program better. I've been back at it for a couple of weeks now and feel so much more in control.
  • pilgrimk
    pilgrimk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as far as being in this group, but have been using myfitnesspal for a few years, off and on. I kept losing and gaining the same 5# over and over. I was on WW last year and lost 15#, but had to cancel my online subscription due to finances. Had to cut out many other extras as well. Anyway, it didn't take long to stray off the plan that I thought I had a handle on and I have gained over 5# :(
    I tried just using myfitnesspal, but it hasn't helped at all. After doing some digging on this site I found that script solution to getting WW points added to my food log! I am now back on WW and am hoping I can get back on track!
    One question: is there a way to tweak the script to add points for exercise? If not, no biggie. Just wondering.
  • goalisfit
    goalisfit Posts: 3
    Options
    I follow the UK 'propoints' system as well as logging my calories on MFP. I stopped going to class a while ago as my leader changed and I didn't find the new leader inspirational, lovely as she was. I took a bit of a break and lo and behold, gained the weight back. As none of the classes suited me timewise I downloaded an Android app called 'Value Diary' for around £2.00 and it's far better than the WW official android app which crashed all the time (loved the app for the iphone though). I also log my meals on here as I like to see the breakdown of what I'm eating.

How is the ultimate value diary database?
  • sexyrose2074
    sexyrose2074 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how funny, same with me...... quit WW points plus to do FP only... I like the structure of doing points better for some reason.. I will follow it better..
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    :smile: I love that app. The points are priority, but I can also count calories. The app is on my laptop but not my tablet.
  • swimmer_jane
    Options
    I have been using the Ultimate Value Diary App too.
    I wish it also had a website when I don't feel like using my phone, but for now I am using it.
    I feel like Points limit me more, which I like.

Jane
  • janellevaught
    janellevaught Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I like doing a combination (using MFP and WW) because there are other stats that I like to see that are not on WW (such as sodium content). The WW meetings help me to stay more accountable.
  • janellevaught
    janellevaught Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I like doing a combination (using MFP and WW) because there are other stats that I like to see that are not on WW (such as sodium content). The WW meetings help me to stay more accountable.
  • sherrynolte
    Options
    I figured out if I log all my food in MFP and then take the totals for the day Fat, Carbs, Protein, and Fiber and put them in ww calculator it will give me the points of have eaten for the day. Then I put that in my ww as a quick add points. I think MFP is easier to use as far as looking up food and I like the community aspect much better as well.
  • tobybears8
    tobybears8 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for WW on Saturday. Just wondering how much do you have to pay a month to use just the online and how does that work? I would like to just use that and not go to meetings but do you sign up and have it come out of a credit or debit card? Just wondering if I want to go that way or what. Thanks for your help.
  • melissam_14
    Options
    I paid £29.95 for 3months to be an online member only If that is of any of help
  • InnerFitChick
    InnerFitChick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just started WW up again, I am thinking have the accountability of someone weighing me every week might help my mind. I did WW about 11 years ago and was successful. I almost made lifetime but we moved and my (ex) husband was deployed and I was left in a new city with two young kids and I quit going. Well I gained that all back plus 20 pounds so I am giving it another shot.

I still need to look at their online etools. Will do that hopefully sometime today. I have been on MFP for a bit now but just can't get into a groove or schedule. I enjoy eating well most of the time. I just tend to binge or eat out of boredom. Naturally the weekends are the more difficult times for me to stay on track so I am hoping that knowing I have to step on a scale Tuesday evening will help me stay more motivated on Friday - Sunday.

I know I really enjoyed the program all those years ago. Let's hope my older metabolism will produce results that I seek. Of course I know I have to put in some work too! :)

Feel free to add me if you are also doing WW. I just started last night so VERY NEW!

I am on the monthly pass.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm an on-again, off-again WW, but right now off. I love the MFP app and use it with my Fitbit Zip. I also love the scanner on the app and scan stuff constantly, including bags of salad greens - LOL! I think MFP is making my counting more meticulous, but it's not really hard with the scanner. One of the problems that caused me to leave WW was that the meeting was becoming completely hijacked by a couple of crazies -- maybe just inconsiderate people -- who talked about themselves constantly. They were both having a lot of success and had a bit of a condescending attitude toward people who were struggling. It just really got to be tiresome and I began to wonder why I was paying for the "privilege" of listening to them for a half hour. I also like the camraderie here better than at the meetings. So, right now, no WW, with the understanding that I could change my mind. I do love saving the money right now.
  • ncpalmer2
    ncpalmer2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I rejoined weight watchers today. I want to use MFP as well this way I can see how much food is what points equal up to. I've been using mfp for a little while now and all I do is lose a few pounds then gain a few. So I am pretty much staying the same! Very frustrating. I definitely don't want to go through the holidays without anything because I know it would be to easy to gain weight. I guess going to get weighed will make me accountable for the food I eat and the way the scale moves! Hopefully it will w.ork in my favor.