in the pre-surgery process

Options
wkrukow
wkrukow Posts: 26 Member
I am hoping to get my surgery 1/2015. The waiting is hard and makes me a little nervous. I know this is right for me and I am just ready to go. Any tips, advice or info you would like to share would be welcome. I need support and am very glad to find this group. So, hi everyone!:smile:

Replies

• Shadow427
    Shadow427 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to have my surgery in either late October or early November. I am almost done with all the pre-surgery requirements. I only have the chest ex-ray and one more nutrition session. All seems to be on track. I really need to have it this year because I have a high deductible medical insurance plan. I've met my out of pocket max this year. If I get pushed to 2015, then I can't do it financially.

I am really ready. I want to start the new journey. I am pleased with my pre-op focus and have lost 15 pounds in 1.5 months. I actually feel like I am eating more than I usually do. It is just that I am eating BETTER.

I wish you luck on your journey. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • JohnnyMART
    JohnnyMART Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya sister! My 6 months of dietary counseling will be done Dec. 2nd. I'm hoping for a December 18 surgery date!
    I have to lose 24lbs by then. I didn't take it too seriously at first, but now I am in check. I'm done 10lbs.
    We can support each other!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Go get it, Ladies!

I have my surgery tomorrow and have really hit the pre-surgery plan hard. Primarily, that work reduced the amount I have to lose post-surgery, but I hope the exercise and behavioral stuff will also help me recover and adjust to the new post-surgery realities.

Rob
  • wkrukow
    Options
    So nice to talkto people in the same process. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I really just know this is the path I need to take. Just so glad to have hope.. I am restful for your comments and look forward to supporting each other thru this. We can do this!
  • wkrukow
    Options
    Haha that should say greatful....geez Auto correct :-)
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I am in the insurance diet pre op phase. I am up and down. The diet is really hard for me. I did my sleep test and they told me I have to go back for a titration study, which is with the CPAP on. I dread that, but not as badly as I dread the endoscopy. So many tests. I am just hoping to get most of them finished before my husband's employer lays workers off. They are headed that way.

Ug. I wish it could just be overwith.

I have an appointment today with the gastroenterologist and will ask him his opinion of people with diverticulitis having the surgery.
  • funfatfriend
    funfatfriend Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I will be done with the 6 month diet -trial on Nov 8th, I to am hoping to be able to get surgery this year b/c Ihave me tthe out -of -pocket and don't want to start over in the new year. I have not done very well with losing these first four months. I just joined MFP 20 days ago, and joined this group yesterday :) I have really enjoyed reading everything you guys are chatting about, and your struggles and acomplishments. It has helped with my mind set ALOT! So thanks to you all!!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My advice for those in the pre-surgery process is to hit the gym hard. I got to a pretty good shape pre-surgery ans my surgery experience went really well. I attribute it to the exercise I have done prior.

Also, buy into your program as fully as you can. I wasn't perfect, but I stayed away from probing the edges of the diet plan to see what would happen.

Rob
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My advice for those in the pre-surgery process is to hit the gym hard. I got to a pretty good shape pre-surgery ans my surgery experience went really well. I attribute it to the exercise I have done prior.

Also, buy into your program as fully as you can. I wasn't perfect, but I stayed away from probing the edges of the diet plan to see what would happen.

Rob

All of this! Especially after surgery, stick with your plan and do what you are supposed to do. It's simple, although it isn't always easy, but it is SO worth it!