Soooo .. did we have any fun this weekend?

Options
I re-joined POF at about 8:00pm last night, if that tells you how much fun I had this weekend. I debated on Match or POF .. because I thought maybe the men would be more serious about finding someone if they had to pay for the site .. but I'm not sure I am ready to pull that trigger just yet.

I actually came across the SWEETEST message on a gentleman's page .. I messaged him right away! I haven't hear back from him yet though. Fingers crossed! I have had enough of the macho, always right, never willing to entertain another idea male. That seems to be the only men I attract. I'm not sure what it is about me that attracts that type. Hmm.

I went for a walk Saturday for about an hour, cleaned my house and cleared my DVR. Sunday I watched football with my family and came home and .. well you know the rest. lol

Replies

• Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I went to my brother's marching band competition on Saturday, which is always fun. Then I made him come over yesterday to help me eat a pizza and watch The Sum of All Fears while he took apart and cleaned his saxophone. Other than that, a pretty quiet weekend.

I did get my kitchen cleaned, my dining room table cleaned off, and ALL of my laundry done, though. I feel accomplished! :p I have narcolepsy, so it's always a battle for my weekends to be more than "sleep, veg, eat, repeat".
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Went on a date Friday night and another Sunday evening with 2 women I met on OK Cupid.

Neither are going to work out. :-(
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Friday night was a house warming party at a friends
    Saturday a friend had a *kitten* tourney at his place
    Sunday was softball championships and football watching at a bar. Yes we won the championship.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good job getting all you stuff done Kontxesi!!! Laundry was one thing I didn't get to this weekend. blah.

Well at least you are getting out there Follow_Me .. I may try OK Cupid if POF doesn't pan out, maybe try something different.

Missing .. you had an awesome weekend!!! Congrats on the Championship!!!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    it was an alright weekend...

got to work this morning, learned they are laying off a lil over 100 ppl (cost cutting initiatives) and being the 'new kid on the block', i am one of them :sad:

was also part of a massive layoff a year ago August due to cost cutting initiatives (same reason) - UGH! only not as big of a severance package this time due to only being there just shy of a year. back to the drawing board! :drinker:
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sweet .. OMG. That SUCKS. I am so sorry! I am a firm believer in when one door closes another opens. It clearly wasn't the place you were supposed to be!
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    i agree & thanks!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

got to work this morning, learned they are laying off a lil over 100 ppl (cost cutting initiatives) and being the 'new kid on the block', i am one of them :sad:

was also part of a massive layoff a year ago August due to cost cutting initiatives (same reason) - UGH! only not as big of a severance package this time due to only being there just shy of a year. back to the drawing board! :drinker:

Sorry to hear that hun. I hope something better comes along just in time :flowerforyou:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

That sucks :( I was laid off last year and had a tough time with it, so best of luck to you finding a WAY BETTER job with loads of stability!!
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    Thanks all! Hoping to find something i love!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I spent the weekend visiting my daughter at college. She is a music major and has to put on a senior recital next semester, so we spent Saturday wondering around the campus, taking her senior recital pictures to be used on her posters and invites.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

sorry to hear this. Sending positive vibes that something comes along quickly