Day 8: Tuesday, 9/30/14

Options
500+ members. Enough said.

Day 7 got both calories and walk goals. Dear Day 8, here I come.

Replies

• dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    okay, so I just joined today - I did go out for a walk in the rain, but I don't think I'll make my goal today of 8k steps. I guess there's not a spreadsheet to log your steps.....or am I just missing it.

Better effort tomorrow.
  • neckbonetwo
    neckbonetwo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel good about today. I did manage to log everything I ate. :smile: Although I couldn't jog any this am I did manage to get my two miles in with a brisk walk. It's raining here so I couldn't get in an my lunch time stroll and was too busy too make it to the gym this evening. Therefore, I didn't make my 10k steps goal today. Only got in 8K. I'm sure I will make up the difference later this week. Until tomorrow.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    okay, so I just joined today - I did go out for a walk in the rain, but I don't think I'll make my goal today of 8k steps. I guess there's not a spreadsheet to log your steps.....or am I just missing it.

Better effort tomorrow.

We track the outcome - the weight. Selection of method to reach the outcome is up to each individual.

Welcome to the group.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    500+ members. Enough said.

Very impresive, it is a good group - stating goals in the morning is helping keeping me on track.

Yesterday did really welk on goals until super and a packet of my favourite found me :(

Today my goals are
    2 liters of water
    Fruit smoothie
    Homemade beef stew
    And do one of my exercise videos (needing some motivation for this)
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a chance on Sunday or Monday to set any goals or try and stick to them but just generall tried to be healthy!

Today's goals:

Avoid the junk food at work
    Go for a walk at lunch time (if the torrential rain stops by then!)
    Drink 2 litres of water
    Stay under calorie limit
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    T25's Speed 1.0 done. Walked 4.52 miles yesterday. Eating was on track with 800 calories to spare. Let's see how things go today!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    yesterday went well both food and exercise. I just wish i could do something about my mood. Homemade lasagne using new recipe went down a treat 9.5/10 everyone adding there suggestions to tweak the recipe so should be 10/10 next time we have it. still close to 500 calories per portion but better than my standard recipe. tonight im making homemade paella.
    Worked myself hard a my fitness kickboxing class and can feel it today.

8/100
    i need to try do something for me to lift my mood.
    Stay under and fit in a quick 3k run in tonight while kids at their activities.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Starting Day 8 with same goals. I hope today goes well as I'm not in a good mood today so wish me good luck!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,326 Member
    Options
    Today's goals:

15 miles on the recumbent
    4 miles outside
    stay under calories
    no trigger/junk food
    smile at everybody!!

Chris
  • knmurray02
    knmurray02 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Guilt is a good motivator. I used my eating slip up Sunday to really hit the gym hard Monday. I stayed under my calorie goal and more importantly I ate balanced meals.

Todays goals:
    drink more water
    stay under calorie goal
    eat balanced meals
    hit step goal of 10,500

Good luck everyone on meeting your daily goals.
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Goals for today:

Weight lifting routine.
    Up my water & get my protein in.
    Day 12 of consecutive logging!
    Be grateful ????

Make today great!
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to stay within my calories and keep myself busy.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    A drizzly Day 8 in my neck of the woods and I'm feeling on target! Yesterday was an overachiever day with 2 hours of Pickleball, 1 hour of lawn mowing and another hour of Zumba Gold! And I managed a veggie loaded supper from the garden! Today's plan includes an hour of Pickleball clinic and staying under calories for the day!

Have a great day you all! See you in a couple days for weigh-in! :flowerforyou:
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I hit yesterday's goals! Woohoo!

Today's goals are going to be light. I'm getting my flu shot today and it usually makes me sick that night.

1. Stay within calories (always)
    2. Walk at work for at least 30 minutes (in lieu of steps goal due to dead fitbit, my new one shipped!!)
    3. Go for scheduled run tonight if I'm feeling up to it. Unfortunately, I'm usually flattened by the flu shot.
  • kcmoooo
    Options
    Diet is slowly improving but night time eating habits are hard to kick ANY TIPS?????

I keep going over my calorie goal by 400-1000 because of what I eat at night!!

On the positive side I did 14000 steps, developed a pain management plan with my amazing new physiotherapist, saw a doctor about weight management
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry not been posting but proving difficult to do on my phone and have no internet at home.

To date calories and exercise have been on target, Its been much easier now that the dog is recovering from his accident.

Today's challenge is to :-

Eat under calories (but only just)
    Walk at least 10000 steps
    Swim at least 25 lengths (20m) pool and only second time I've swum in a year.
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water

:smile:
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I met my exercise goal yesterday, but I went over my calorie limit. So, I will stay under my limit today. Oct. 2 is coming up fast.

DH and I have been preparing the lawn for over-seeding. Lots of exercise each day. For the most part, I have been staying under my calorie limit. But, consistency is the key. When you are trying to lose weight slowly, one day of the week can mess you up, and you will not meet your weight loss goals.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Goals:
    5 am workout - done
    spin class
    boot camp
    track and log food, stay within calorie limit
    increase water - having a huge issue with that the last few days :o(
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went well I met all my goals. Today's goals will be the same...

Walk 5000 steps before I leave work
    10000 steps for the day
    Drink 5 large glasses of water at work
    Stay within my calories
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was over by 500 cal. It was my birthday and it was planned so I'm continuing on my journey and looking forward to things getting back to normal. Goal for today: eat my normal diet, exercise, clean the house and enjoy life.
    Let's all have a great day!