ROAD TRIP: Boxes in Springfield VA/Raleigh NC

Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
I'm joining my wife for a conference in Washington DC the first week of November, the hotel is actually outside the city in Springfield. Would love some recommendations for CF boxes if anyone is from around there. Early contenders are NOVA Strength and Conditioning and Crossfit Liberation.

That Friday we are driving down to Raleigh to attend my alma mater's homecoming celebration. I might be VERY pressed for time Friday/Saturday, but suggestions are welcome as I might try to squeeze a workout in Friday. I have a friend at one of the boxes, just looking for opinions on the others.

Thanks!

Replies

• bostonwolf
    Options
    Bonus: There is a Ninja Warrior/Parkour gym near the hotel. That might be worth the broken arm.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Raleigh area I would recommend: Crossfit Zeal, Crossfit Invoke, Embark, Surmount, Brave.

I go to Zeal. I love it. I'm not sure how far you'll be from their location, but had to mention it :)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I'm staying in the northeast part of town. Just on a map (closest to where I'll be) that would mean Crossfit Exchange or Goliath, and I have a college buddy who works out at Oak City CF. The more I look at my schedule I don't think I'll have the time.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I"ve heard good things about Goliath!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    My only window is likely going to be Friday some time. They have a class at 4:30 which might work for me, as I have a dinner/drinks get together downtown at 7.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Probably will be Goliath on Friday if I get into town on time. Emailed the head coach. $20 drop in includes a Tshirt. He used to be the head coach at Invoke, left to open his own place. They are still building it out.