The Octochallenge: October 2014

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Welcome to the MFP runners' Team Challenge! Each month we set running goals and then track our miles and encourage each other to keep it up. Check in here for

October!

To join us, all you need to do is visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdDJVUk1hbGZXVFZ6bFFTaV9xdi1LQWc

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for October. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet to see the latest!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
October:
Oct14_MFP.png

September:
Sept14_MFP.png

Replies

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Since it's Marathon month and I'll be both tapering and recovering, I'm setting the bar lower and going for 150 miles. Might be pushing it, but we will see :)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Decided to join, be part of the cool kids. 200 might be a bit high with 2 races but I've never been good at tapering anyway.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    In for another month :happy: Maybe I'll feel inspired and start running in costume towards the end of the month!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Going to be tapering so it'll be a little low compared to past months.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 86 miles target this month.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have to think about it a bit more this month. Taking a little down time...
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Since I seam to inevitably have several days where I am too sick to run, I am lowering mine a bit. Even 100. Will include my first half marathon...woo hoo!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 115 miles!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what kind of miles to put down for October. Taper, race, recovery...I'll guess at 120 miles.
  • lordvaderofcheam
    Options
    newbie to the group and to running in general. I'm up for 50 miles this month. Not sure I'll reach this though
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Tapering for 50k, 50k race, then recovery but still run-streaking= 111 miles.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    October = race month!
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No tapering hear I'm going for that elusive 125 miles and probably doing short races. Happy Rocktober everyone and good luck!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I am shooting for 88 this month.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm in! September threw me for a loop and hope to improve on that! :happy: I am going to try for the same as September :bigsmile: 150! I just have to get there! looking forward to the coolness :glasses:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave for putting the sheet up! It helps a lot to see everyone running, and progressing! :heart:
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My marathon is in late November, so October is my peak training month.

224 miles (which will actually be a new all time high by 60 miles)

I didn't make the 186 I had planned for this month, but I think I have the difficulties behind me and am feel good going into my last 7 weeks of training.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Tapering and my marathon is this month. I am going to say 115.
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    The month is NOT over. .... getting off work in 30 minutes. I'm currently at 24.44 miles (according to Garmin) so I'll be getting a short 1/2 mile in to get my 25.

October I'm shooting for 30 miles.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    ^Love rounding off the month in the nick of time!

I am in for 90. My last two months have both been "highest mileage ever" months, 71 and 85, and hopefully I will top that this month.