Sober October

Options
ascrit
ascrit Posts: 770 Member
I saw this thing in the regular forums yesterday called Go Sober for October (http://www.gosober.org.uk) and while I am not in the UK I decided to give it a go myself. I think it will be interesting to test my willpower in social situations. Is anyone else interested in giving this a try?

Replies

• toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    lol I'm single and single parent, no way i can do this! haha Joke. I have cut my drinking down to once a week though.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Interested but not optimistic lol!
  • BennettV72
    Options
    I am doing Whole 30 for October so I'll be sober for October by default. I will definitely miss the wine! Add me if you'd like!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    h.e.-double hockey sticks to the no. i am a bartender who works karaoke night and yoga and craft beer on my days off are the only things keeping me from gauging out my own ear drums with stray pencils.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^One more reason we love you, Kelly!

I'm a big craft beer geek as well. I actually just bottled a Lagunitas IPA clone that I homebrewed. My second attempt.

We are in the midst of our Paleo Challenge and the lack of beer is tough. Especially because one of the best craft beer stores in the country is across the street from where I work and is having a Japanese beer and sake tasting tonight. I might have to go have a few sips.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    btw my karaoke specialty is Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. I can't sing a lick, but if you commit to it heart and sole people will respond.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    btw my karaoke specialty is Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. I can't sing a lick, but if you commit to it heart and sole people will respond.
    If you can't sing, the best thing to do is own that and go all in. :drinker:
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Exactly.

I am really missing beer. I bought one yesterday that is VERY hard to come by (Maine Beer Company "Lunch" IPA) and am going to have to wait two weeks to drink it.

I will probably lovingly stroke the bottle every day until then.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ask me about this in January lol.
  • ascrit
    Options
    Welp, so far so good. I have not really found this to be terribly difficult. B)
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for the rest of October. Just got back from all-inclusive in the Caribbean so I'm had my allowance of cocktails already :)

I went teetotal for about 2 years in my twenties, so it doesn't really bother me not drinking. I don't *need* it
  • Curlychip
    Options
    I am starting 'going MORE sober' for the rest of October! Will that do?
  • ascrit
    Options
    Yeah, you make your own rules!
  • Curlychip
    Options
    :-)