What have you done today to help your health and fitness?

Options
ChapLynne
ChapLynne Posts: 31 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Years ago, I remember hearing Maria Shriver speak of dinner at their house, with their family being asked, "What have you done for your country today?"

Well, I am asking what have you done for your health and fitness today? What worked for you? What were the challenges? Did you overcome them? No problem if it is a work in progress. Sometimes it takes trial and error.

Will you share your story?

Blessings,
ChapLynne

Replies

• ChapLynne
    ChapLynne Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I took three short walks, because I am dealing with severe pain. But I was able to manage the movement of walking without falling.

:)
    that is a good day.
    ChapLynne
  • janiceesmith12
    janiceesmith12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have logged everything eaten so far today. I am working on being very mindful today since we have a funeral and reception following at church this evening. I want to be able to have a few snacks (if I'm hungry) after the service.

I went back to bed after everyone left this morning. Due to some pain last night, I didn't sleep well, and felt really tired. I know that weight loss is easier if I'm well rested, so I went back to bed for another hour and a half. I am blessed that I can work from home and could use what would have been my commute time to sleep.
  • HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well done, Janice!
    Sorry for your loss -- funerals can be a very difficult time...pushing all sorts of buttons. God be with you.

Blessings,
    ChapLynne
  • janiceesmith12
    janiceesmith12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lynne. Last night's service was a beautiful celebration of a life well lived. This lady was in her 80's and had led her 3 children and multiple grandchildren to the Lord. The family misses her here, but knows that she is already with Jesus and her physical limitations are gone.

We had plenty of food and were able to minister to the family by helping them in this time. I was helping organize the kitchen and the dinner reception following the service. It was a long day, but quite uplifting.

Today, I have had my 2 glasses of water, my 8 hours of sleep and a healthy breakfast. All logged. I plan to either walk or ride the exercise bike this afternoon/evening since the exercise really helps my sleep and osteoarthritis in my knee.