Weird dreams

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I'm sure we're all aware that strange and/or vivid dreams are very common in pregnancy. I myself haven't had too many crazy dreams, but last night was interesting.

I dreamt that my mom and I were able to pull the baby out to see her, hold her, and everything now, at 24 weeks. After we were done holding her for a while, we went to the hospital where the doctors were angry with us because they had to put her back. It was neat because any time I dream that I have a baby, she looks exactly the same. Even when I was much younger I would dream about a baby and she always looks the same. She looks a lot like me when I was a baby.

What kind of dreams have you had?

Replies

• kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My dreams tend to be more vivid now and I seem to remember them! Usually have been on my grandmother or playing with a baby/little boy in the living room. My last pregnancy I had a dream about trying to stuff frogs into the bathroom toilet because they were all over the bathroom and were making a mess! According to a dream dictionary, frogs signify fertility and new things...at the time of that dream, I was about 6-7 weeks and hadn't known I was pregnant yet.

I hear they get more vivid and more weird as time goes on. My coworker had a dream she gave birth to a pink cupcake (that was before she found out she was having a girl).
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    My dreams tend to be more vivid now and I seem to remember them! Usually have been on my grandmother or playing with a baby/little boy in the living room. My last pregnancy I had a dream about trying to stuff frogs into the bathroom toilet because they were all over the bathroom and were making a mess! According to a dream dictionary, frogs signify fertility and new things...at the time of that dream, I was about 6-7 weeks and hadn't known I was pregnant yet.

I hear they get more vivid and more weird as time goes on. My coworker had a dream she gave birth to a pink cupcake (that was before she found out she was having a girl).

I don't seem to be remembering mine any more or less than before. I used to love researching meanings of dreams. That's really interesting about your frog dream.

Another dream I had earlier in my pregnancy was just a quick blip that my husband was going to wake the baby up because he had made steak and eggs for her. :laugh:
  • jess_erin
    jess_erin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of vivid dreams about having a new baby but the funniest one had nothing to do with that.
    I dreamt that a friend of ours was speading a rumour that my husband had gotten butt implants. I was so angry but my husband just said it didn't matter and to just forget about it. This made me more mad and I was yelling at him that no one was going to take him seriously and that this was slander and he had to clear his name.
    I woke up so angry at both of them. Haha.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that it was after the baby was born and I got a tattoo to match the one I got for my daughter. My daughter's is a Celtic knot with her name over it. In the dream I had a dragon with the name "Noah" above it. We were not considering that as a name at all. It was also before we found out what we were having and we did end up having a boy, but we did not name him Noah!
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    before i got pregnant -- I basically NEVER had vivid dreams/dreams I remembered the next morning but they happen all the time now! Its crazy!

Unfortunately I have had several messed up dreams like bad ones that scared me, but so far none about babies.

Last night for example, I had a dream that I Cesar Milan moved in the house next to us, course Cesar looked NOTHING like he does in real life -- I dont even know why my dream even called him Cesar Milan, but oh well. He was helping me with my dog -- and was super nice at first, then he kidnapped me and his own family and went berserk chasing after us and locking us in a bedroom....and we escaped somehow...then I woke up...

It like WTF mind, what are you doing? haha
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that my male dog had a puppy, I was there for the delivery and after he was really worn out and in a lot of pain because the puppy that he gave birth to was almost a full size dog. I think everyone was healthy otherwise, but it was a big puppy!
  • missxlisa
    missxlisa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any baby dreams but I am having a lot of crazy vivid nightmares that leave me scared and confused when I wake up!
  • kathyk519
    Options
    Last night, I dreamt that was part of this group (Think of show, agents of shield), and we barged into this house to find information about nuclear weapons or something, and I realized one of the people with us wasn't part of our team. we started fighting and brawling. I ran and jumped on this guy and we fell down some stairs still fighting.

I think that I may have some pent up aggression or want to be a super hero or something...LOL
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any baby dreams but I am having a lot of crazy vivid nightmares that leave me scared and confused when I wake up!

OMG mine too sometimes! lol

One of the worst ones was a time I dreamed that my step brother died in my parent's house, and we had a huge family party and my dad and step mom were totally not upset that my stepbro had died, and he was still in his bedroom stinky and like swollen from being dead. And we had to lie to the family that was over about the smell and why my step brother wasn't mingling with everyone.

Not to mention the house this dream was in was like a super old never-ending house that had lots of hiding places and stuff and I got lost trying to hide my brother's body...it was super freaky

I woke up like freaking out! It was terrible.... lol
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I have had SOOOOO many vivid/realistic dreams since getting pregnant and they first started showing up before I knew I was pregnant (should have been hint #1 since I had them the first go-around too). The most recent one that I somewhat remember started in my parent's house then someone morphed into my great-grandmother's covered/screened-in back patio, then to her front room, and to a van outside discussing how to get somewhere. I remember saying this is going to take a while so I'm going to use the restroom before we leave and proceeded down her hallway to the bathroom which turned into a weird staircase (there's no stairs in her house) where you were going up, but the stairs were going down (kind of like an M.C. Escher painting) to find my husband already using the toilet. When he was done I got my turn to have someone we work with walk in to wait his turn LOL. Then I woke up having to pee.

A lot of my dreams tend to have my friends and family making cameo appearances, like a couple of nights ago my cousin who drives big-rigs showed up in my dream with a big-rig.

All, so weird.
  • kathyk519
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ok, lately - lots of sex dreams with people that are not my husband. Last night - Rumplestilskin from Once Upon a time (the tv show)...yup. WTH? Anyone else, at all, please...
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that I got Ebola, as did my toddler. So my daughter and I, along with a few other people are quarantined. Before you know it, people are dropping like flies, including myself. I remember passing away, and floating through this tunnel that seemed to last forever, watching down on my past life, as well as my husband's future life alone without any of us. Next thing I know, I've been reincarnated. I'm an adult, and still have memory of my past life with my husband. I make it my goal to find him in this life, but realize how hard that would be since he won't look the same, and may not have the same personality in this life. Lol. Funny thing is, I'm not too concerned about Ebola. The pregnant brain will take anything and run with it!
  • ColeCake292012
    Options
    Also, @kathyk519....you're not alone! Sometimes I wake up feeling like I need a shower. Except for the one with Channing Tatum. I'll have him any day.
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that was weird last night and I woke up screaming and yelling. My husband was really concerned.

My dream was that we were in a new house with a wrap around deck similiar to the house we live in now. Well I kept seeing this same person with long red hair walking on my deck and jumping down--even from the high spots. The person never tried to get in, just walked my deck. So I asked some neighbors if they knew who it was and they said yes, it is an old Indian and he was looking for a stone that he was suppose to get out of my house before we moved in. Well then, I was sleeping and I dreamed that he had walked by again and I knew he was coming in this time but wasn't worried because he just wanted the stone. Then I felt a rat crawling on my feet and biting my toes. I screamed and kicked it off of me, only for it to crawl back up on the bed and bite me again.

This is when I woke up screaming and uncovering my feet. One of my daughters shirts with snaps was wrapped up in my covers and was across my feet. It took me several minutes to tell my husband what was wrong and about my crazy dream.
  • xelor23
    xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that my husband and I were saving good cartoons from Hook's ship. We managed to sink the ship saving all but one of the cartoons. Cut to "real life" and they are pulling the masive ship from where it sunk and the real police found the cartoon, who was not injured by being underwater because he is a cartoon... The police were very upset and didn't believe what they were seeing. That's all I remember. I don't have kids, do watch cartoons, haven't seen "Hook" in many years. No idea where this dream came from!
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've had several crazy dreams and they're all sort of bad. I dreamt a co-worker was pregnant and her baby died. One night I dreamt that I was walking through snow that was up to my knees, and I slipped and fell backward and I could feel ice cracking underneath me, and I couldn't pull myself out. One night I dreamt that my brother in law's wife kicked him out of their house. Last night I dreamt I woke up at 10:30am and was panicking because I was late for work, and then I spent 2 hours trying to find my admin's contact info so I could call her and tell her I was going to be late. Oh, and I have lots of dreams that involve my ex's which is really annoying.
  • xelor23
    xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Last night I dreampt that my boss was hit and killed by a drunk driver. I work up a lot and everytime I went back to sleep it was the same thing. Horrible!
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Last night I dreamed that my 4 year old died before Halloween and I was returning his costume and burst into tears because they gave me issues. :-(
  • ColeCake292012
    Options
    Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was married to one of my exes instead of my husband. This ex is a felon, and in and out of jail. Clearly I was young and stupid for ever dating him in real life. But anyway, back to my dream. Since we were married, I was able to live in jail with him. I was like a prisoner, I just got the benefit of sharing my cell with my "husband". It was just....odd. Lol!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Wow, crazy dreams! I still am not having many vivid dreams, but I've come to realize that it's probably because I'm not going into deep sleep at all through the night. I feel like I'm half-awake all night so, I'm probably not dreaming.