Whovian Progress Photos

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
So, I had a lot a lot of bad photos taken of me last year, but the final straw were those that were taken at Chicago TARDIS last November. I was so super excited to cosplay, hang with fellow whovians and meet Doctors, but when I saw the pictures, it took all the wind out of my sails. This one was ok, but the second really was a punch in the gut.

13921478567_319795392a.jpg

11425846286_5c0d711e51.jpg

I ate salads the rest of the weekend, logged onto MFP the second I got home and have been on the logging mission every day since.

I met Matt Smith in early May, but alas the picture doesn't really work for the weight loss progress photo. Oh well, I still got to hug Matt Smith

14108140355_bfe2d5515a.jpg

Mid May, the Twin Cities area had their first dedicated DW convention in 20 years. One of the guests of honor was Sophie Aldred, aka Ace. Ace is my favorite companion, and I listen to a lot of her in audio, more so than watching classic who, so Ace is a voice in my head rather than an image. So, every time Sophie talked, I got all giggly cuz it's Ace, she's there, she sounds just like she does in the audio :D I was sitting in the front row during opening ceremonies and she pointed out my outfit to Deborah Watling (Victoria, companion of the second Doctor) from the stage.

14344477754_01a5661c9b.jpg

These photos work better for the progress shot, although they're not great. I bought the dress at the end of March for a wedding and it's now too baggy.

14345209245_4902b17824.jpg

14365396203_e96a30b4d1.jpg

And, here's my cosplay progress pic, which I think shows the progress much better than my actor shots.

14022738310_fb9882681f.jpg

The plan is to continue onward and downward and have fabulous cosplay and Doctor photo ops this November at or near to my goal weight. Stay tuned for further progress! I'm hoping to be down to 155 (50 lbs lost) by my convention in early July. No big who stars to get pictures taken with, but there will be more cosplay :)

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Big congrats on your progress!!! You look great!
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Next time I get a chance, I'll take a photo of me in last year's Halloween costume - the 11th Doctor - and compare it to the pics taken of me at Halloween. Should be soon! :D
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Squeaky, you look great!

I would love to see other's progress photos here as we go, that would be lovely! Whovian costumes or not :wink:
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Yes, more whovian and non whovian progress photos! Although do something to make it whovian :p Hold an adipose or something ;)
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look so awesome!!
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    New Whovian progress photo. I visited the TARDIS Little Library in Madison, WI on Saturday (which also happened to be my 33rd birthday). 137.8 lbs and counting down! Only 2 more months until my next convention, and (hopefully) the grand before and after to go with those pictures in the first post :)

dvg8jc.jpg
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Madison. Never ran across that before.
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Apparently there's more than one, although I believe they're all recent. I'm actually from the Twin Cities, where we have several as well.

The one I posted is on the west side. I want to say it's on Regent Street near the intersection with Whitney Way.

This one is on the east side - http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/1bvr76/was_told_to_repost_this_here_tardis_little/ - going to look for it next time I'm in town :D
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Squeaky, you look amazing!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Keep up the good work.

Larro
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I used to live about a mile from Regent. Have not lived in Madison for 5 years so these must be fairly recent.
    Apparently there's more than one, although I believe they're all recent. I'm actually from the Twin Cities, where we have several as well.

The one I posted is on the west side. I want to say it's on Regent Street near the intersection with Whitney Way.

This one is on the east side - http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/1bvr76/was_told_to_repost_this_here_tardis_little/ - going to look for it next time I'm in town :D
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    New Whovian progress photo. I visited the TARDIS Little Library in Madison, WI on Saturday (which also happened to be my 33rd birthday). 137.8 lbs and counting down! Only 2 more months until my next convention, and (hopefully) the grand before and after to go with those pictures in the first post :)

dvg8jc.jpg

AWESOME JOB GIRL!!!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    SO excited for you! Well done. XO
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Looking Fantastic...Yaaaay for Cosplay.... Working on Steampunk TARDIS with a detachable train
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Ok folks, this is it, my ultimate whovian progress photo. Taken exactly one year apart, the Friday after Thanksgiving. 205 lbs on the top, 125 lbs below. Bonus picture of my Moment cosplay in May vs. today, 165 vs. 125. Now, maybe lose a little bit more, but definitely will keep it off!

7bjuatd3i1rx.jpg

uu17tgscsg0o.jpg

kqc26zyu21xy.jpg

• UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Fancy schmancy comparison collage :D

dt12b08gvngl.jpg