Does anyone sync to a Nexus 4?

Options
Skye_NS
Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
I was looking up fitbit's compatibility with the Nexus 4 and the help page mentions a known issue:
Using all-day sync may cause rapid battery drain in your tracker and mobile device. All-day sync is disabled by default and Fitbit recommends leaving it disabled.

What does "all day sync" mean? The help article doesn't have a date on it, so is this possible that they have released a patch for this issue?

There's a possibility that I'm going to be switching to this model phone and it would be nice to have one that actually talks to my Fitbit!

Replies

• bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a Nexus 4, but was un-aware of this issue.

That maybe because of the way I use my phone. When I want to synch my Fitbit I turn on my Blue tooth first, synch it and then turn it off.

Also I just checked, there is an option in the app to turn off background synching, I guess this would be all day synching it you left it on.

I hope that helps you.
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Will your phone will sync with the fitbit itself once you turn on the blue tooth?

I have the app on my current phone but it only shows the info from the last time I was close enough to my laptop to sync. :grumble:
  • bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Will your phone sync with the fitbit itself once you turn on the blue tooth?

Yes, I turn on Bluetooth, go to the Fitbit app and it updates straight away, then I just turn off Bluetooth again.
    It takes maybe 20 secs in total.

I used to have a Fitbit Ultra that only updated at my PC, I really like being able to update when I'm out and about with my Fitbit One.
  • Skye_NS
    Options

I used to have a Fitbit Ultra that only updated at my PC, I really like being able to update when I'm out and about with my Fitbit One.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I have mfp and fitbit linked and negative adjustments allowed, but it doesn't do me a lot of good if I'm running errands all day!