Savella for Fibro?

Options
Saratini76
Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
My neurologist put me on Savella at the beginning of September. I've had a headache ever since! Has anyone else had this side effect from this medication? I actually had a migraine so bad that it kept me in bed for two full days also.

Just curious about the medication...

Also, fellow fibro sufferers....what medications seem to help you the most? I am recently diagnosed.

Replies

• knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was on it for a little over a year. I'm not sure if I had headaches but it did give me restless leg in a bad way. I had to go off of it because my insurance only paid for 6 months.

I'm currently on lexapro. It helps and i was on it in the past. Cymbalta was amazing but it made my fingers numb and I ground my teeth.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Headaches are not listed in common side affects and you should let your doctor know about these side affects or symptoms. ASAP.

I am on Cymbalta and have very few side effects.
  • katherynklouse
    Options
    I know I'm really late in the conversation, but I just switched from Cymbalta to Lyrica. My problem with cymbalta was I couldn't pair anti depressants with it because of the drug category. I still have pain but it is better and now am also on prozac which also is doing a good job.
  • saf913
    saf913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take Gabapentin and it's very effective.
  • TabithaRyan68
    TabithaRyan68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was on gabapentin for the longest time but my body kept getting immune so we had to up the dosage. I'm now on Lyrica but still experience a lot of pain. However, I've tried going off a couple of times and my lot of pain but still living manageably became can't stand the pain, completely dysfunctional. I also use Tramadol daily and that I find helps a lot and keeps me working full time.