Today

Options
uppup
uppup Posts: 12 Member
Welcome to Day 1 - October 1. Won't it be great to be 10# lighter on October 31st - in your cute costume, trick or treating with your kids or lifting that 10# pumpkin up knowing that's how much extra you were carrying around with you TODAY.

Replies

• uppup
    Options
    October 1st Weigh-In

Let the challenge begin!

In a lot of other challenges, people list their MFP starting weight, current weight, and goal weight. Since this is a 10 pound challenge, let's list our current weight this week and next Monday we can add October pounds lost. I remember once in a WW meeting the leader told us her Monday groups were always the most successful because they were more careful on the weekends!

My CW: 213
  • caroljayne
    caroljayne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Looking forward to shifting some pounds in October with you :-)
    My CW is 197
  • Meggywhit22
    Meggywhit22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to this group. During this time of year I need the additional support. Good luck to everyone!

My CW- 218.8
  • uppup
    Options
    Welcome to the October group. This is a great time of year to get started, by the time Halloween hits we will be on a roll and not be tempted to give up and eat all that extra candy that seems to be everywhere. How is day 2 going? I passed up on a slice of chocolate cake from a huge sheet cake that someone brought to work today. Couldn't let you guys (or myself) down. I am also completely sore from yesterday's workout and have a huge knot in my B-hind so that was a big reminder to keep focused :)
  • glamorous21
    Options
    Hello All,

Current Weight: 187lbs
    Height: 5.6'
    Goal Weight: 135lbs - 140lbs

Following a whole foods (paleo) diet. Starting Insanity and weight training. I am also taking herbal supplements to naturally balance my hormones as well as reserve PCOS. Are well all PCOSer's here ? Would love to hear what you all are doing to manage it !!

Cant wait for the end of this month to see the progress :)
  • uppup
    Options
    Do not have PCOS but interested in paleo diet. Tried it a couple of days and have ended up caving (no pun intended) by dinner when my husband breaks out the loaf of whole grain bread he purchases daily from the bakery. I wonder why I have a weight problem?
  • uppup
    Options
    Hi Zaedra, thank you for your reply. I think I overdo it in those group classes because I'm trying to keep up with everyone else. I am impressed with your rowing. My hamstrings always tighten up when we do the rowing portion and I start off strong then completely struggle to get it done. I know I'm supposed to lean back but my core is too weak, I think to do it effectively. I keep telling myself Rome wasn't built in a day. Hope you are feeling no pain today!
  • glamorous21
    Options
    Hi Zyaedra,

I have already done Insanity last year around August and I lost around 6kgs in about 1.5months. I was in India at that time so I wasnt getting proper nutrition. I had very few choices of veggies, fats and protein. I started around 76.5kg and when I stopped i was 70kgs. After I got back in December to Canada...I have been super lazy :( always in bed and always eating processed food, pizza's, chinese etc and gained 15kg :O in about a year. I am ready to get it off now :) I take before pictures of my body and also my acne to see the changes :)