Week Three Challenge: Pack in the Protein

Options
We've all been working at getting in our strength training, so this week I'd like the challenge to focus on adding more protein to our diets. There are many studies dedicated to researching just how much protein we actually need. Most will say that everyone needs at least 100 grams of protein in our diet. More recent studies show that 1 gram/pound or even 1.5 gram/pound of body weight is more beneficial. Not only does added protein aid in muscle recovery, but it also helps maintain healthy body functions. When you eat at a deficit, as we all are, muscle loss is inevitable. A diet high in protein can help slow that process, along with weight/strength training.

So here's the challenge: look at the amount of protein you've had each day this past week and aim for an additional 20-30 grams each day this week. If you are intense about it like I am, you can try for your body weight in grams of protein. Don't Stop eating your fruits and veggies! And keep up with your strength training. We're gonna be a group of super sexy ladies at the end of this challenge!

Replies

• amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Protein:
    Monday - 135 grams
    Tuesday - 152 grams
    Wednesday - 109 (I will be adding something in to up the protein. I'm just late night meal planning.)
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love this one! I'm big on protein and veggies.
  • yayaohiggins
    yayaohiggins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really need to up my protein.....
    I did a DNA test to see what my micro-nutrients should be and for ME and MY body they are as follows:

Carbs-55%
    Protein-25%
    Fat -20%

With that said... I have a hard time keeping the fat down and the protein up. This week I will add a protein
    shake or bar to bring my numbers up.......

Good Luck this week Ladies :flowerforyou:
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Had a salad for lunch, did weights today, and had 130 grams of protein. :)