anyone around? Due in Nov here

Options
I keep checking to see if any activity here but figured I will just poke around if anyone is here :) I'm due Nov 7 with 3rd, all girls. Trying my best to eat healthy. I had gained 30 lbs but lost them and now back at pre pregnancy weight. Still way too high but proud of myself as other pregnancies I gained a lot.

Anyways hello to other members!

Replies

• lauradoingyoga
    lauradoingyoga Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not much activity at all. I'm due Nov 11 with my first, a girl. I've put on about on about 30 pounds and I'm 33.5 weeks now. I figure it'll be about 40 pounds total.

Almost time to find a message board for loosing baby weight!
  • MySkinnyJeans2014
    Options
    Hey!
    Just joined some pregnancy groups to get motivated. I fell off the healthy eating wagon and haven't been exercising for MONTHS! I'm due Dec 20th and need to build up some stamina for the labor "event"!
    I have no idea how much weight I've gained... Maybe 15lbs? That's the least of my concerns. I'll worry about that when I can do something about it :)
    I got a modified exercise plan from a trainer at the gym and have finally started logging my foods again. Back to healthy habits for me I hope!
    Feel free to friend me! I'll keep you motivated if you keep me motivated for a healthy lifestyle :)
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both :)

I preplan my menu overall with some allowances depending what I'm doing that day & week. I was walking 2 miles per day but since I've "dropped" recently the sciatica is just too painful and no need to push myself too much now. The tens unit helps enough to get around when it's hurting from chasing my kids. My oldest just turned 4 and my baby is 16 months. Due with our 3rd, all girls :) I do stretch and swim in the pool which helps and I enjoy anyway.
  • MySkinnyJeans2014
    Options
    Oh sciatica issues :( I honestly noticed that mine have gotten better after walking - but if it hurts all the time it's so hard to do. Aww all girls <3 how fun!
    Sounds like you're doing a lot to keep that baby (and mom) healthy! Nicely done!
    Pregnant ladies do love large pools of water - don't they. I never feel like taking a bath or going swimming but the 3rd trimester all I want to do is snuggle into a warm bath with some aromatherapy or do some stretches in the pool. Enjoy your next swim!
  • QuillensMom
    Options
    Haven't done hot tub or even hot bath for months, as I read its not good for baby as can overheat. Once I'm recovered from c section I look forward to baths as well as time in the hot tub relaxing for sure!
  • chunsagirl01
    chunsagirl01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am due in the middle of November (33 weeks) and recently have had issues with gaining to much to quickly. Ugh. I am active a lot, but recently I haven't been able to go and workout as much given I have ligament pain and pelvic muscle pain. It has let up the past couple of day and I've started on the elliptical 45 mins a day. Hopefully this will help with the issues I'm having. Doesn't help that I've given into cravings the past few weeks! **doh**
  • MySkinnyJeans2014
    MySkinnyJeans2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same thing about hot water and pregnancy... I think the main difference is hot vs. warm. lol When you start to turn red because of how hot the water is - it's way too hot!
    Also, I have been told that staying away from foods that cause inflammation (sugar, wheat) really helps the ligament/sciatica pain. I have tested this theory out and it seems to help. (Although it's hard to say for sure because I cheat a lot) Let me know if you try it and if it helps for you!
  • QuillensMom
    Options
    I try to eat healthy vs sweets/cravings about 80/20. But no way I can have NO pasta at least couple times a week. I did it for a few weeks a couple months ago or something, no pasta or bread, but not now. I still measure and log everything but lately making homemade baked mac n chz mixed with sloppy joe (made from lean beef) has been the perfect comfort food for me YUMM
  • QuillensMom
    Options
    I am due in the middle of November (33 weeks) and recently have had issues with gaining to much to quickly. Ugh. I am active a lot, but recently I haven't been able to go and workout as much given I have ligament pain and pelvic muscle pain. It has let up the past couple of day and I've started on the elliptical 45 mins a day. Hopefully this will help with the issues I'm having. Doesn't help that I've given into cravings the past few weeks! **doh**

I quit going to the gym and was just using my treadmill at home, but I never did like the elliptical-it felt awkward and unnatural to me. I see lots of people using them though and in theory it looks easier on the joints than the treadmill.

You are just slightly behind me, congrats! I'm holding steady at maintaining so far *fingers crossed* Having what I want within reason. I feel a lot better since I upped my intake, helps me not feel ravenously hungry and feel the need to binge.
  • QuillensMom
    Options
    5 weeks to go as of today :)
  • QuillensMom
    Options
    5 weeks to go as of today :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 weeks & due Jan 29th with a boy! My daughter is 3.5. I've gained 24lbs thus far. I gained 34lbs with my first & delivered at 35 weeks. I'm only allowed to walk & I try to walk twice a week. Hopefully I don't put on more than 40lbs!

Good luck with the end of your pregnancies ladies!