Is anyone else taking pics?

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
I'm a picture taker anyway and usually only take them once a month or when I finish a specific "level" of a training program.

By chance I had taken pictures on Sep 22. Yesterday I decided that I'm going to take pictures on each of the weigh in "milestone" days. I know that I probably won't see much change in a 10 day span, but I think it'll be cool to see the progression when I compile them at the end.

Anyone else doing this? I'm going to encourage you to start now if you haven't taken any pictures yet. It would be really neat to see a bunch of progression pics by the end of this challenge!

Replies

• just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have never been one to take pictures or measurements in the past, but now that I have lost over 60 pounds, I am kind of regretting that I didn't do either one. I do have random pictures to compare now and then just by nature of I was heavy for years, but to have no measurements to compare is something I sometimes wish I had when I hit a plateau on the scale.

Good for you for doing this!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    when i started my journey back in january i took one at the beginning of every month, i did it for the first 4 months of the year, but then i plateaued and stopped when i stopped loosing weight. Since getting back on the straight and started to loose weight again last month i keep intending to take a picture and havent got round to it yet. Im at 3 stone loss now so i really should. I defiantly agree about the comparison to look back on, im my success story in the future.
  • joe_hikeny
    joe_hikeny Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Took some 45 days ago. I feel amazing compared to then. I know I look different. I should take some photos... I know I've gained muscle and i lost 11 pounds... maybe more if you add in whatever i gained in muscle...

Thanks for the motivation.

Joe
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    I'm using my health card picture I was at my heaviest then and I hated pictures. My drivers licence is my midway point I am hoping to lose the rest of the pounds before my new health card is needed..
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am in UK and tend to measure weight in stones 14lb = 1 stone
    I started latest health drive at 23 stone 322lb and did not take pictures because was too distressing a thought to have to look at them.
    When I got down to 21 stone 294lb I took a front and side picture
    I took another at 20 stone 280lb front and side pictures again in same outfit
    The difference between two is very subtle but i plan to do that every stone 14lb

Last time I lost a lot of weight i went down from 21 stone to 13 stone I took one picture at start and was going to take one at goal 11 stone but never made it to goal so have no pics to show for the 112lb I lost which i am annoyed about as could do with a reminder of what i look like closer to healthy weight.
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have taken photos of my face as the pounds have come off, the 36 pounds lost so far really show in my face.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I take pictures monthly and next milestone on the group will also be my October picture day:)
    I love my pictures, I have been taking them since April. I must confess I look at them daily as I find it helps with readjusting my perception of my own body :)
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. I think I shall start!!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them every 20 pounds. I never wanted my picture taken when I was much fatter. Now I wish I had more "before" pictures. Who knew I'd want those pictures I never had taken??