lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Goals? what are they?! :)

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Reviewing and building off of my September's goals:

YES-Squat bodyweight.
    This happened but I've since deloaded for form. I'd like to get back up to this point with perfected form 5x5.

NO-Get OHP to 65 lbs 5x5 and not break myself.
    Removing this goal. I hurt my shoulder a litte and am not doing this lift currently. If I start again, it will be low and slow.

NO-Deadlift 200 lbs. Might be a little ambitious but I think it's possible. I've been progressing as planned and haven't struggled much at all.
    I'm going for 185 today. I should be able to make this and then some 1x5 this month.

NEW-Be more careful with form and less ambitious with adding weight. I tend to get down on myself when I stay at a weight for a few workouts. I need to realize this is not a race and I have my whole life to add weight and perfect lifts. If I injur myself, I will definitely not progress!

NEW-Find a PL comp in 2015 and sign up! (If I can find one this month, more like a goal for 2014).
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My only goal for October is to eat at a deficit every day. Even if that deficit is small, I still want it there every day. Due to that, there will likely be no awesome lifting gainz. That's ok, though, different goals call for different actions.
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did my first 5X5 workout yesterday!
    October Goals:
    Weight train every week on Tuesday, Thursday and once on the weekend.
    Get to bed by 10:30, up by 6 and to work by 8.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I'd like to reach the following goals by the end of October:

* Squats - Break parallel 5x5.
    - I feel like I'm going as low as humanly possible, but who knows? Not putting a pound goal on squats since it the extra weight affects my arms/shoulders more than my legs.

* Bench Press - 85 lbs.
    - I'm at 70 lbs. now they're a bit of a mess. All bumps will be in 2.5 lbs. increments from here on out, so this doesn't leave much room for failure. We'll see...

* Barbell Rows - N/A
    - Meh. Don't care that much about this one. I'm de-loading from 95 lbs., so maybe just make my way back there, but with full contractions and extensions.

* Overhead Press - 50 lbs.
    - Currently at 30 lbs., dictated by equipment, and it's easier than it should be.

* Deadlifts - 150 lbs.
    - I'm at 135 lbs. now, but it's insanely heavy. This will be a challenge, but is possible even if I fail at some point along the way.

* Rock climb at least 1x / week.

* Cardio (jog or hike), building back up to 3x / week.

C.

PS - There's another goals thread happening -- sorry! I jumped the gun. But if any of you want to check it out or post there too, it's in this same forum.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This month is all about form for me. Deload and focus on style over substance :wink:

Limit cardio to two sessions per week.

Don't lose any more weight.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Continue with consistency. The weather is getting cold and I don't like it. :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    Find someone to video me so I can get some form feedback. I *feel* like I am doing everything well in my squat and DL but it is hard to watch myself and still focus on form as the weights get heavier.

Squat: I'd like to hit BW this month....but this goal is tentative based on if I can get someone to watch my form.

Add a little more cardio in--I have quit running and I think that is part of the reason I am having trouble losing....even eating at a slight deficit isn't helping me drop those last 5 lbs and I know I am not gaining SOOOOO much muscle at a deficit. So I would like to get back to a daily walk or maybe a once a week run.
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My goals for Oct. are to really get going with my 5x5 I did workout B last night with my new weight set and I got my husband to do it with me!!! It was so much easier with the bar then trying to hold dumb bells I could squat lower! I started with 55 lbs thanks to my hubby being there and telling me I could do more the just the bar and he was right!
  • stephbeland8
    stephbeland8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just starting... first workout done. Can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!!
  • chantya
    chantya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to start the strong lift program but a little confused. Do I only do it 3 times a week? and can I train my other body parts on rest days?:smile:
  • xphoenixfirex
    xphoenixfirex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Goals for me to slowly add the weight but watch my form. I'm going to set up my camera to record next sesh to see how it looks. Want to at least double what I did today (30) by the end of the month. I can probably DL more but haven't tried yet. This is only my 3rd day with SL :)
  • laceynwilliams
    laceynwilliams Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    October goals!

Squat: 100 pounds. I'm at 85 right now, not quite 5x5. I think I can get the last 15 pounds this month with hard work and enough calories.

OHP: I'm pretty well stalled at 60 pounds, so if I can get a clean 5x5 at 60 pounds I will be very proud.

Bench: Also stalled, also 60 pounds, but I think I can progress faster. Goal: 70 pounds.

Row: Goal is 65 pounds. All the upper body stuff is stalling, and I'm eating at a deficit, so getting from 55 to 65 will probably be rough.

Deadlift: Bodyweight deadlift with perfect form. I got a bodyweight deadlift in September, but with some back curling and a weak grip.
  • laceynwilliams
    laceynwilliams Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to start the strong lift program but a little confused. Do I only do it 3 times a week? and can I train my other body parts on rest days?

Yep! Only do the program 3 times a week. You can do cardio on your rest days, but I wouldn't strength train on rest days. Your muscles need the rest, and all the SL 5x5 exercises are compound exercises.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Reviewing and building off of my September's goals:

YES-Squat bodyweight.
    This happened but I've since deloaded for form. I'd like to get back up to this point with perfected form 5x5.

NO-Get OHP to 65 lbs 5x5 and not break myself.
    Removing this goal. I hurt my shoulder a litte and am not doing this lift currently. If I start again, it will be low and slow.

NO-Deadlift 200 lbs. Might be a little ambitious but I think it's possible. I've been progressing as planned and haven't struggled much at all.
    I'm going for 185 today. I should be able to make this and then some 1x5 this month.

NEW-Be more careful with form and less ambitious with adding weight. I tend to get down on myself when I stay at a weight for a few workouts. I need to realize this is not a race and I have my whole life to add weight and perfect lifts. If I injur myself, I will definitely not progress!

NEW-Find a PL comp in 2015 and sign up! (If I can find one this month, more like a goal for 2014).

Deadlifted 200 last night, so check!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I had been doing a lifting workout that I had customized for myself, right after doing NROLFW, now I decided to try Stronglifts out. The workouts looked easy, but wow! By the end of it yester, my quads were on fire!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    My goals this month are pretty basic since I just started last week: I want to follow the program and lift 3 times per week. No excuses.

I also want to be brave and use the gym equipment downstairs in the co-ed part of the gym (they have power racks)! I'll usually only venture downstairs when the gym is almost empty... :blush:
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oops... I just realized that this thread was from 2014....

Aaaaand now I feel dumb. :/
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm just beginning, so my goals are to 1. Do all the lifts successfully and with good form 2. Keep my diet in check by consistently logging on mfp for he whole month.

• HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Oops... I just realized that this thread was from 2014....

Aaaaand now I feel dumb. :/
    LOL!!! I didn't realize that either!! We can be dumb together :)
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Post your goals here: :)
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10262889/dont-be-spooked-in-october-set-goals

There are no mods left for this group, so we can't change/remove stickies.