One Year Later...

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
My official "surgiversary" is next week, but I had my one year follow up with my surgeon today, and it went great! He is thrilled with my progress, and my lab work came back great. He wants me to try to lose another 30 lbs, but because my BMI was so high to start with (67!!!), he said my body might fight me on it, but I am totally ready to fight! He also suggested I consult with the plastic surgeon to get an idea of what I will need to do later (if I choose) and also how much of my weight is excess skin. He said I will really feel a whole lot better if I decide to have the contouring surgery.

This has been an amazing year, and I can't even believe that there was a point in my life when I felt hopeless that I would ever get my health and my quality of life back. I would go to sleep at night afraid that I might not wake up. Now, I feel like a new person, and I am so excited about my future. I have a lot of life to catch up on! I have so much energy and confidence, and I have such a huge feeling of accomplishment. I am so glad I chose to have surgery, and I am so glad that I totally lucked out with my awesome surgeon and his awesome staff! I still have some work to do, but I am ready for it!

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You have been such a huge inspiration to many of us following in your footsteps. I look forward to your second surgiversary and my first!

Rob
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Mine is just around the corner
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you really are an inspiration you give me great hope in my own journey
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You've done AMAZING! What an encouraging journey, thank you.
  • freedomfighter1
    freedomfighter1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous and has made such an impression on me.
    Life is about to get very exciting and interesting... The past does not control the future
    :flowerforyou: Well done.
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a year for you! Thank you for sharing your progress and your wisdom and insight with us newcomers.
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My official "surgiversary" is next week, but I had my one year follow up with my surgeon today, and it went great! He is thrilled with my progress, and my lab work came back great. He wants me to try to lose another 30 lbs, but because my BMI was so high to start with (67!!!), he said my body might fight me on it, but I am totally ready to fight! He also suggested I consult with the plastic surgeon to get an idea of what I will need to do later (if I choose) and also how much of my weight is excess skin. He said I will really feel a whole lot better if I decide to have the contouring surgery.

This has been an amazing year, and I can't even believe that there was a point in my life when I felt hopeless that I would ever get my health and my quality of life back. I would go to sleep at night afraid that I might not wake up. Now, I feel like a new person, and I am so excited about my future. I have a lot of life to catch up on! I have so much energy and confidence, and I have such a huge feeling of accomplishment. I am so glad I chose to have surgery, and I am so glad that I totally lucked out with my awesome surgeon and his awesome staff! I still have some work to do, but I am ready for it!

Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you! You are such an inspiration to me and to others!

Keep up the good work and those next 30 may take a while but you will be able to do it!

Congrats!!!! I hoping come March at my 1 year I can say the same thing.
  • Regelyse
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats!! That is amazing.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you. You are doing awesome and are a real inspiration. Thanks for all of your sharing, motivation and encouragement. :)
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As others have said, thank you so much for being a great inspiration to so many of us!
  • elifusa
    elifusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you are in inspiration. You've made me even more excited!

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's great! What a wonderful report for you! I will be interested in what you find out about excess skin removal. I would love to do that as my surgeon tells me that I have about 20 pounds by his estimation in excess skin. My insurance doesn't cover the removal though, so I may have to live with it. :\ Anyway, I am interested in seeing how others handle the whole excess skin issue.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing transformation and have THE BEST attitude! I firmly believe that a big part of success in this journey lies in our attitude toward change and our willingness to embrace it with a positive attitude. You will kick that goal in the *kitten*! No doubts!