October 14 Monthly Challenge

Options
jasneet12
jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
Hi Folks!

how about a minutes + miles/kms challenge in this month?

for me, this is going to be a tough month; two marriages to attend plus diwali plus a 10 day holiday..but I shall still persist.

Replies

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to this group and to MFP. I love this challenge. I am in.
  • Sparklever
    Sparklever Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this.. I am in! My target 1500 minutes + average of 9000 steps per day throughout October.
  • jasneet12
    Options
    @bcomingfitmom! welcome to the group and the challenge. what will be your targets?

@sparklever! brilliant stuff! What pedometer do you use to measure the steps?

I am setting a low target :cry: which i'm still wondering if its too ambitious! but at least a number in my head will push me...:blushing:
    so its 900 minutes (with an off from 24th to 31st...anything during this period will be bonus!) and 35 kms.
  • fitmiks2015
    fitmiks2015 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Aside from a few running accomplishments, September was a total disaster! This month my goals will be far more modest. I plan to run at least 40 miles (~65km). I am hoping to put in a 30 minute workout everyday, adding up to 630 minutes for October. I hope to exceed it, but with a manageable target, I will be less likely to give up if things don't go as per plan.
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will join in too.. i am not sure if i will be able to keep track of the distance, so i will go by time. My target is to workout for a minimum of 1000 mins in October.. I hope to get out of this 80 something (kg) weight range and get to 79 kg by the end of October.
    Best wishes to you all.! i hope this month will be better for us all.
  • jasneet12
    Options
    @greeshu if you have a smartphone; just download any walking/running app that uses gps. there are plenty..endomondo; mapmyrun; runtastic etc
  • greeshu_89
    Options
    @jasneet - yes i have this app - Noom but i generally use it for finding out the average speed. maybe next month i'll try to track distance.
    First day of the month - completed day 3 week 1 of c25k and did some extra walking. total 50 mins for the day.
    i'll be travelling to my native (Kerala) tonight. So not sure how the next 4 days are going to be. ! I'll be back soon.
  • jasneet12
    Options
    A good start to the month with a 59 minute workout (fingers crossed)! Week 6 Day 2 of C25k and i managed 3.32 kms.
  • shreyaanand22
    shreyaanand22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!, i am new to this group and the posts and motivational i must say..
    I am 27, a designer (which makes me sit in form of the computer the whole day), i try real hard to go for my brisk walks in the evening. I wanna loose around 20kgs.

And i say i will do 1000 mins resulting into 100kms of walk in this month.
    That averages to 50 mins for 20 days in a month and 5 km per walk session.

Cheers!
  • jasneet12
    Options
    @shreya! welcome and great targets! :)

a 36 minute workout with Jillian Michaels today for me! 30 day shred Level 3! I dont know exactly what results others have seen with her program; but for me; my arms are looking much toned!

so day 2 of october im at 95 minutes & 3.36 kms
  • Sparklever
    Options
    @bcomingfitmom! welcome to the group and the challenge. what will be your targets?

@sparklever! brilliant stuff! What pedometer do you use to measure the steps?

I am setting a low target :cry: which i'm still wondering if its too ambitious! but at least a number in my head will push me...:blushing:
    so its 900 minutes (with an off from 24th to 31st...anything during this period will be bonus!) and 35 kms.

Hey Jasneet, I use fitbit flex. It is not perfect but is reasonably good. With workout hours I am lagging behind but will cover up I am sure! I am visiting India in Dec for a cuz's wedding and need to lose weight before that :wink: :blushing:
  • Sparklever
    Options
    @greeshu if you have a smartphone; just download any walking/running app that uses gps. there are plenty..endomondo; mapmyrun; runtastic etc

Noom is great if you have an android phone! my personal fav. If you have iphone, the built in pedometer is good enough. runkeeper is great for any phones! Runkeeper also has guided walk/ run sessions, a few of them are free. I used to do the 5K training run/walk using runkeeper and was very happy with it. Its kind of a good push to do a bit more :).

Peeps,
    Do you use any podcasts or guided workouts for strength / HIIT workouts? For cardio I use motiontraxx and they are amazing! Guided treadmill/ cycling / elliptical music with subtle instructions to change intensity / speed and hundreds of options. I just love it! In search of a similar one for strength training / HIIT training. I cannot afford a personal trainer and have never done HIIT on my own. Especially need help with designing a workout plan in terms of how to combine what exercise after what etc.. Really welcome your suggestions! Thanks :)

Manasa
  • jasneet12
    Options
    @sparklevel i use videos/programs for fitnessblender.com I did alternate the c25k program with 30day shred; but since level 3 is not available; i am going back to fitnessblender.com. Do download their 8 week programs; they are just around $10; cheaper than any gym/PT and totally doable. It mixes cardio/strength/HITT and is perfect to do at home with minimum equipment. I only have an exercise mat, dumbbells and resistance tubes (for days when i have strength training but am on a work trip and dont have my dumbbells)

my progress so far in the challenge: 307 minutes done of 900 minutes planned. so 1/3rd down! and 13 kms of the 35km planned.
  • greeshu_89
    Options
    Hi everyone! did not get many workouts done this month. Mostly holidays and travelling.
    Completed Day 1, Week 2 of C25K. Feeling great that i was able to complete the 90 sec running intervals.
    Total 165 mins so far. I haven't lost any weight since last month or so. Hoping to lose some this week.
  • jasneet12
    Options
    a wedding weekend full of eating and no exercise (unless walking around in stilettos counts!) but i should get back on track tomorrow!
  • jasneet12
    Options
    Its so bloody difficult to get back into the groove! i was feeling super lazy this morning;and when i finally started my run, the world conspired against me! the treadmill stopped mid-way my workout! I will go for another run in the evening again!
  • jasneet12
    Options
    690 minutes of the 900 planned and only 21 km of the 35 planned! seriously behind on the mileage..but hopefully i'll get through the challenge!

where are updates from everyone else? comeon people!!!
  • greeshu_89
    Options
    I am just back from a long holiday with family. looks like everyone else is caught up in the holiday mood. I need to get back on track quickly. planning to re-strart c25k from tomorrow. will post once done.
  • jasneet12
    Options
    I ended the month at 690 minutes of 900 planned & only 21 kms of the 35 planned. Unfortunately I couldnt workout during the vacation; but I had fun; so its ok.

Back on track in November....