jump rope for double unders

Options
gweneddk
gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
Even though I still don't really care about double unders, I know a bunch of people at my box are working on them and they are going to be programmed fairly frequently... that being said, the ropes at our box kinda suck. I think most of them are just too long for me, but some are kinked or twisted and I just struggle to string together anything. I've only ever tried with the light speed ropes and some people say a heavier rope helps... But I really don't want to spend $40-50 on an Rx rope if I can help it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I got mine on a $10 Again Faster rope.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on $20 jump ropes. I've purchased 4 of them and they all suck.
    I recently purchased an RPM Speed Rope & it's worth it. I know, it's $50 but I spent $100 on jump ropes & many hours of frustration over the last 2 years. I finally feel like I'm getting them consistently & I've have my rope less than 2 weeks & haven't been working on them outside of when they are in the WOD.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Got mine from RX Jump Ropes - http://rxjumpropes.com/

You can usually find a 10% off code on their Facebook for your first order. Well worth the money spent IMHO. You order the rope based on your height to get the right length.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get an RX rope for myself. I liked that one much better than any of the other speed ropes at my box.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    +1 for Rx jump rope, I love that you can move down in cable width as you get better. The replacement cables are only like $10.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    After I posted this we did DUs in the WOD and I did string 5 in my last set. The rope I sorta like at my box is a Rogue black and red rope but it is still a bit light for me. I am thinking about getting this one: http://jumpnrope.com/product/r1-5-hybrid-speed-rope/
  • jgpea
    jgpea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm taking an RX clinic at my box on 10/25 and went ahead and bought the rope too. I have yet to get any double unders, so I'll take all the help I can get. Besides, it's going to be neon green with purple handles. :)