Introduce yourself!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Jordan Keith. I am 24 years old and I live in east Texas. I love it out here! I live with my boyfriend of almost 3 years! I am wanting to lose about 60 pounds. I am currently doing the 21 day fix. Its a workout program that teaches you how to eat right and how to portion correctly! Its an awesome program!

I have always been pretty skinny my whole life. Not super skinny but still skinny, like any where around a size 5 to a size 9(I fluctuated a lot). Even though I was skinny I was never fit, I never really lost my baby fat so I always had some fat on me. About 3 or 4 years ago is when I really started gaining weight. Not a whole lot at first it just slowly started stacking on. Before that I had never been above 140ish but about 3 years ago I started getting close to the 160s. Then I moved up to where I live now with my boyfriend and really started gaining weight. I went from working a pretty active job to not having a job and sitting at home most of the time, and I didn't eat the best either. Ive always been able to eat what I want and still look pretty good! So I just kept doing what I always done. Fast forward to now and I am at 210. Over the last 2 or 3 years I have been trying loose that weight.

It wasn't till about a year and half ago when I met my team beachbody coach. She put me in her health and fitness group for a 30 day challenge. Me and her really connected, and I connected with the people in her group, which a lot of them I'm still good friends with. It was at that point I really started getting serious about my weight loss. I'm not going to lie to you it is hard! I have lost weight then something comes up and I gain it right back. Weight loss is really a mental thing. I think I never really wanted to give up the food I love. Then about a year ago I signed up to be a team beachbody coach. I love it it made me really find a passion for health and fitness. Now I have had my bumps in my road like the holidays and the summer. It wasn't something I was really consistent of when I wish I had been. I have some awesome girls in my FREE challenge group on facebook that I totally relate to! I don't know where I would be with out them.

Something clicked in me last weekend. I was at a concert with my dad listening to this awesome local band, and after the show they were going to let us take picture with them. So we stayed and waited and I got a picture with them, and I looked at the picture and was just like ugh because of my weight. Then something just clicked and at the moment I knew I was really ready to loose this weight. I don't want to have to look at another picture and feel like that again. So here I am on day 7 of the 21 day fix, and I am doing awesome at it. I also feel great, I feel like I can really do this now. I feel stronger, and don't get me wrong I am sore but it feels so good to be sore.

Just hang in there if you are you are trying to lose weight or even just get fit! Not You can do it!

So what I want y'all to do is share your story with me maybe I can give you some advice or help you out, my coaching is always FREE! You don't have to post your story on here you can message me.

Replies

• mae_frankson
    mae_frankson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im Mae Frankum, from deep east Texas and I can really relate to your story. I have always been a bit heavy but in college I got down to 150 and I felt great. Then I graduated and got a job the pounds slowly packed on till I weighed 225. Then came the next blow I was diagnosed with high blood pressure so I was put on meds and told to lose weight but the scale stayed the same for two years. I tried zumba and walking but nothing seemed to be enough...I was exercising but eating way too much. It wasn't till I had a horrible Dr. visit that got me to go to my obgyn that finally diagnosed me with PCOS. That got the ball rolling in the right direction, he told me about my fitness pal and I have been in love ever since. I have lost 23 pounds so far its been slow but gradually the pounds are coming off. I am hoping to get down to 150 again or maybe a bit lower but I am determined that I will fit my college clothes again.
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    Im Mae Frankum, from deep east Texas and I can really relate to your story. I have always been a bit heavy but in college I got down to 150 and I felt great. Then I graduated and got a job the pounds slowly packed on till I weighed 225. Then came the next blow I was diagnosed with high blood pressure so I was put on meds and told to lose weight but the scale stayed the same for two years. I tried zumba and walking but nothing seemed to be enough...I was exercising but eating way too much. It wasn't till I had a horrible Dr. visit that got me to go to my obgyn that finally diagnosed me with PCOS. That got the ball rolling in the right direction, he told me about my fitness pal and I have been in love ever since. I have lost 23 pounds so far its been slow but gradually the pounds are coming off. I am hoping to get down to 150 again or maybe a bit lower but I am determined that I will fit my college clothes again.

Your doing awesome! Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome! Whatever I can do to help you on your journey just let me know!
  • deegirl123
    Options
    Hello! I am Denise, I live outside Chicago IL. I am 43 years old. All while I was growing up weight was never really an issue. I was pretty much able to eat anything I want and still be a size 7. Once I hit 35 that all changed. I had the same eating habits and that lead me to 265lbs. Now I have been struggling ever since. Lose some gain some. I work full time in a grocery store and do books part time at a restaurant and a bakery....yup....Food is always ready, delicious and available. That is always a struggle. So I am on here trying to get healthy again!