11 month old no longer sleeping through the night

Options
shelbz123
shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
Help! I haven't been this sleep deprived since my son was a newborn. he has been sleeping through the night since he was 4 months old from about 8pm to 5am every now and then he would wake up and nurse for a few minutes then right back to bed, About a month ago he began teething and was waking up very frequently but it has been over a month and its still going on. I nurse him and give him oatmeal before bed thinking maybe he was just hungry but he wont sleep more than 3 hours at a time. Any advice?

Replies

• KenzF
    KenzF Posts: 5
    Options
    Do you still nurse him when he wakes up? If so, its just a process of breaking that habit. I try a pacifier or bottom pat before I resort to rocking or feeding. Other causes may be more teething, he is close to molar time, a growth spurt, or even an ear infection. My son is 7 months and has not slept more than 4 hours solid since he was born, so I feel your pain.
  • shelbz123
    shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ya I still nurse him when he wakes and he usally nurses for a few seconds then falls asleep. Its such a hard habit to break I let him stir for like 10 minutes last night and he just went back to bed which was nice
  • Dolci07
    Dolci07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes sounds like a habit. I would keep giving him about 10 minutes to fall back asleep on his own. Eventually he will drop it and go back to sleeping for you! :)
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i am also sailing in the same boat ! My DS is 10 months old. He had a very good sleeping pattern till he was 8 months old. Since last 2 months, he just sleeps for first 3 hours continuously (even his tummy is full - i give rice based food at night). Then he wakes up every 1.5-2hours. Its a phase and this will also pass in a few months(got to know from my friend whose baby is 1.5 yrs old).

I am working so i got no time to sleep in the day time also. Tired. But Happy!

So Happily tired :wink: