Blisters :/

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
Does anybody have any preventative/treatment measures for those nasty blisters on the back of your ankle? I recently added walking back in to my repertoire and apparently my extra weight might have made my shoes a little smaller and more prone to blisters.... or maybe I just need new shoes. Either way, I can't do anything immediately about those issues, so I am wondering if anybody has any ideas. I have a horrible blister on my heel and would like to protect that as well as prevent another one from popping up :)

band aids? Vaseline? duct tape? I read about lots of things, but have no idea if any of them are tried and true. Thanks in advance, guys!

Replies

• leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I always wear bandaids when I start out walking in new shoes...you just never know how they're going to do.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yep... put bandaids on your heels before you start. I know this will sound lame but make sure your socks are on correctly. I once had my socks on sideways with the toe seam on the bottom of my foot. Wouldn't normally matter but on a long walk it rubbed so much, I ended up with a bubble blister on the bottom of my foot. :p Never did that again. lol!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Go to your drug store and find "mole skin" type of product. If you want to minimize cost, buy it in the sheets, not the pre-cut. Cut the shape you need in a donut hole configuration to go around the blister you have, this will keep your shoe from rubbing that again and give it a chance to heal.

If your shoes will allow the room, try double socking for an extra layer of protection.

Above all, don't stop walking. Kudo's to you for getting that going, it makes this process so much easier in the long run!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody!! Before I got any responses, I got some band aids for blisters- not band aid brand, though. They definitely stopped the hurt while walking, but I will probably try another of these methods after this thing heals in order to prevent this! Also, I got my elliptical that I've been wishing for for so long, which requires way less movement in the heel area, so hopefully this combo will do the trick.