Protein vs. Carb Question

Options
heathervsg
heathervsg Posts: 21
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Good afternoon all! I am 10 months post op and about 7 lbs from goal. But I am pretty happy where I am. I am at a normal weight based on BMI and exercising, so I say that's progress! Anyway, I eat between 60-65 grams of protein a day now and stay under 100 carbs per day. I don't supplement with bars or shakes at all anymore. This is all from food. Is that good? Or should I go back to supplementing the protein to get that last 7 lbs off? I'm just confused at what the correct combo is to get it off. Thanks for any advice!

60281825.png

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I still use the supplements because the requirement given to me was 75g + per day and I like a bit of variety in my diet. I dump a scoop of chocolate whey in my coffee in the morning and usually do a 14g snack bar in the afternoon. I typically get 80ish grams most days. I exercise daily now so a bit more is probably not a bad idea anyway. I've been in my goal range for several months, but recently decided to shed a couple more pounds as 135 will put me smack in the middle of my healthy BMI range, will make 100 pounds lost and it was trying to come off anyway.
    +
    + 26242329.png
  • heathervsg
    Options
    The coffee idea is great! I have to put that in to play. I will go back to quest bars too. I like those, as you said, with working out, the protein is a good idea.