Wedding Weight!!!

Options
Hello Everyone,
I just got engaged last month and am now working towards losing some weight for the wedding. I have always been a larger girl, but I am hoping this will be enough motivation to finally get it down!! My goal is to lose another 139 pounds.

I am hoping this group will help me in motivation and support during my journey.

Happy weight loss everyone :)

Replies

• penkwin
    penkwin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there! First of all, congratulations! :D

Secondly, I think my wedding has been great motivation for me... even though I haven't seen the scale move very much so far. I keep envisioning the dress (even though I haven't picked my dress yet)... And more than the dress, it's how on want to feel on that special day!

I see you posted this a few weeks ago - how are things going? I'm surprised this group isn't very active. I also joined the Brides of 2015 group. :)
  • JessieBlom
    JessieBlom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! :D
    I NEED to loss 50+ pounds. Anyone beside me freaking out??? My wedding isn't till 2015 but still having two kids doesn't leave a lot of time to myself to work out. haha Tips anyone?
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My only "real" goal is to be at a healthy weight (168) for my height (5'9) by my wedding, which is in September 2016. I'm 24.6 lbs away right now, but ideally I'd like to lose a few more vanity pounds in addition. Being sub-160 for the wedding would feel amazing.
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have to say I am feeling the pressure and am at least making progress towards my fitness goals. I bought my dress at a sample sale similar to some of my smaller clothing (I got down to my goal weight but because of an injury regained quite a bit.) I have 3 months to get either down another inch in my waist or 15lbs. The inch is required for my dress to fit but the 15lbs is for vanity reasons.
    Good luck everyone!