next challenge

Options
marygirl05
marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
So I was thinking with Halloween just 3 weeks away has anyone thought about the next challenge and what that should be? I love these challegenes it keeps me going and gets me looking forward to weigh ins. What are everyones thoughts? i know after Halloween is thanksgiving and then we have xmas did we want to do a long challenge or split it up into 2?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think there was some discussion before about going all the way to New Year's. Do people think that's too long? It would be a good length for me.
  • squiressara
    Options
    I am absolutely down for another challenge, however it comes!
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think a challenge for christmas would be better :) I know myself, the best I can do over the christmas days is maintaining, so maybe it's more encouraging to go until christmas and then have some more time to gett off the christmas / new years pounds.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of leaning towards having a New Year's Day challenge because it might help keep me accountable over the Christmas holidays ... but if most people want to have it end at Christmas, that's fine.

55835802.png
  • victoria_b482
    victoria_b482 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We could always go to the end of December or Christmas and start a new one after that for the New Years resolution.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I'm kind of leaning towards having a New Year's Day challenge because it might help keep me accountable over the Christmas holidays ... but if most people want to have it end at Christmas, that's fine.

This was kind of my thought too. I'm assuming we will do a continuation after the next one, so I'd kind of like to be able to do a fresh start with the new year, and have the motivation to try and stay on track (mostly, I will allow for various Christmas indulgence) over the holidays. (In addition to everything else, my birthday is December 7, so Thanksgiving on could easily become over a month of celebrating and such.)

But I am totally willing to go along with what others want to do.
  • knightaa1
    Options
    I am willing to continue as well! I would also agree to start a new challenge on New Years to kind of start off fresh. We could have a new challenge that goes through Thanksgiving and Christmas as a kind of it's ok to be bad, but you still need to be mindful to work it off during that time to kind of aid in starting the New Year off in a positive light.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm down for either option - looking forward to continuing with the group! I'm facing my last 15 lbs or so...it's very daunting.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am thinking maybe go through new years for the next one for the same reason of it will keep me accountable over the holidays. If we need it can come down to a vote. Or if we go though to new years and you wanna stop at chrismas and skip the last week that would be fine as well
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    I like Christmas as an end date!
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I am interested in continuing with the holiday challenge group. My thought is to end it on the last day of the year. Then everyone would have an official ending weight for 2014. :D
  • sodakat
    Options
    Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I am interested in continuing with the holiday challenge group. My thought is to end it on the last day of the year. Then everyone would have an official ending weight for 2014. :D

I like it! Official ending weight.
  • lemurcat12
    Options

Great idea. I'm hoping to make it to my (tentative) goal by then, although I'm skeptical about how likely that is, since I know it generally gets harder as you get closer and, of course, holidays.

I'm in for the following challenge in any case, as I will want to improve my body fat % even after hitting goal.

• JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If we have a next challenge I'm in!
    I have a goal fpr Dec, 21 - a friend of mine gets married and I want to be at 69kg (152lbs) FINALLY below 70. It's about .5kg / 1lb a week. If I manage to do that, I will have the goal to maintain that weight until 2015 and then continue dropping. :)
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    I change my mind... make it December 31st!
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    So we will go through to new years. Im thinking keep with a sunday weigh-in date. Should we do this and end on either 12/28 or 1/4? Or should we change it and have the weighin due on thursdays and end on 1/1?

Im would like to leave it on sundays for weigh in and either sunday date would work for me. But its all of our challenge so what does everyone else think?
  • dianastepheny
    edited October 2014
    Options

• dianastepheny
    Options
    I still would like a Sunday weigh-in day. We could do that every week except the last. Then, just have a final weigh-in on December 31st. That way we can still have an official end weight for 2014.
  • knightaa1
    Options
    I'm fine with keeping Sunday as weigh-in day. I am fine with 12/28 or 12/31 for the final weigh-in date. I just think we should keep the challenge in the same year. That way we really start with a clean slate next year.
  • sodakat
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I weigh every day so I don't care what day we choose -- whatever I weigh on the 31st is my final weight for 2014... unless I "fluctuate" up from Sunday. Hah hah, then I'll consider Sunday's weight the final! I just hope I can get in gear and lose more during this final challenge of 2014. These challenges have really helped me, btw. Its fun to look back and see what I weighed when I started the first challenge. Can't weight/wait to see what 2015 brings too!

55835802.png