October 10, 2014

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning everyone!!!

Hope this finds everyone well today and looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. I myself plan on hitting the Farmer's Market and also get my hair cut and dyed. Not short cut. I promised my best friend to let it grow until my face isn't fat anymore. I thought I pulled it off well, but she said it made me look heavier, so I got discouraged. (Gotta love best friends). I go to one of the local hair schools in the area, so it isn't killer expensive to have it done. YEAH...

So as most of you probably read by now, I am going for gastric bypass..... yesterday at the urging of my NUT (nutritionist) I tracked how I felt at each meal in a seperate notebook. Can I tell you.... I ATE 819 extra calories straight because of boredom. I'm really trying hard today to follow hunger signals, and not eat because of a certain time of day or boredom. I feel that was truly ridiculous. I feel defeated that I did that.

Well, here's hoping for a better day today and a great weekend for everyone.

Carrie from DE

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Boredom, frustration, sleepiness, stress... I've lost count of the ridiculous number of ways I've eaten stupidly over the years... Hugs to you for realizing it... And so excited for your progress on the path to surgery...
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning! (Well, probably afternoon by the time I finish typing this).

Carrie, I'm sorry your friend said that! I was hesitant to chop my hair off for a long time because I'd always heard that fat women shouldn't have short hair, but then I started following fatgirlsshorthair.tumblr.com/ and saw how great a lot of OTHER fat women looked with short hair, and I went for it. If *you* feel better with longer hair, then that's great, but don't let one person's (rude) opinion dictate how you look! I think you and your haircut look super cute in your profile picture. Good luck with the leadup to surgery!

I've definitely been there with the boredom thing, and certainly stress, too. Sometimes I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that makes me want to eat when I'm not hungry, and that bothers me most of all. It's so much harder to ignore cravings when I can't figure out the underlying issue and deal with it. I have to play the waiting game with myself ("Okay, if you still want it in half an hour, then you can have it. *30 minutes up* Okay, let's try another 30 minutes...")
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oh lord I seem to be eating for EVERY reason right now LOL. But I HAVE to knuckle down to this pre op diet, it sucks, but it's for safety. I have had trouble sleeping.. I think it is because it is 9 days to surgery and I am getting more and more nervous about life ahead.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you can tell that i've not been around recently! I didn't realise that both of you Ladies (Cara and Julie) are waiting for operations - I pray for your fast recovery and success on this new part of your journey!

The overeating thing, I can definitely relate to. Sometimes I will just want to eat because i'm bored and don't want to get up off my butt and do something! I am working on building little habits around this behaviour and just doing some cleaning to distract myself :) I can also get hungry right after eating and I am trying to drink more water to help with this :)

Hope you're all having a good day!

Kaela x