Newbie Intro

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this group tonight. It's unfortunate that most MH support groups have a high tendency to die out.

Me, I haven't fully accepted my diagnosis. I'm aware of this “denial”, but I also refuse to allow my symptoms to control my life. Keeping an accurate track of various nutritional levels has been VERY helpful. However, I did binge eat today. I feel slightly guilty, but not too much. Binge eating isn't my issue. I do occasionally emotional eat, which is what happened today. I allow myself one day a week to indulge, if needed.

Well, I've rambled enough for the moment. I look forward to interacting with you all :D

Replies

• Sikketh
    Sikketh Posts: 12 Member
    I just joined this morning! I have seen a few very inactive groups on here, it's unfortunate. I've been struggling with depression and emotional eating for a long time, now.

Yay, interaction! :D >.>
  • "Yay, interaction! :D >.>"
    I thought the same thing ^_^ woohoo. Maybe we can revamp this group or at least be of some support to one another.
  • I am looking for support today. Can't do much as the depression is too much.
  • Does anyone notice if exercise alleviates their depression any? It does for me, but only by one degree and only for 10mins afterwards, if that long. I mentioned depression symptoms to Dr.'s and they all suggest exercise. I suppose they assume I'm dealing with mild depression. Moderate to severe depression isn't positively affective with exercise. Contrary to what a lot of "holistic" people that I come across believe, severe depression extends farther than holistic approaches reach.

My depression doesn't show up as sadness or hopelessness. I experience extreme irritation constantly and anger. I'm unpleasant to be around for long and often unintentionally make rude comments to others. Solitude has become my friend.

I've just realized something, I've had several friends who live with depression and I don't think I'm capable of helping or supporting another person with this illness while mine is yet unmanaged. Makes sense, if you don't have the tools to care for yourself, it's probably impossible to care for someone else.

I wish everyone the VERY BEST of luck in their fight. I'm always open to new advice or techniques.
  • Hey guys!

I just joined, I have Bipolar 1 Disorder with General Anxiety Disorder. The Lithium I am on causes me to gain weight but it is the only thing that really helps me with my mood swings. Also, when I'm having a depressive episode I find it hard to leave bed and exercise.
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Hi, just joined this group. I´ve been struggling with an eating disorder, self injury, mood swings, insomnia, depressive tendencies, (rather mild) anxiety. Last three or four months or so have been quite harsh for me, some up and downs yet to come, but I believe things are slowly getting better...
    But as one of my favorite quotes by R. Bowles says: Don´t let your struggle become your identity. I´m more than just the bunch of trouble I´ve listed above. I´m here if you need support or just talk about random things to give yourself a break from whatever you´re struggling with. Feel free to message or friend me.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Hello guys im the admin of the group and stretch out a very warm welcome to you all. I suffer from bulimia, eyelash pulling and borderline personality disorder. Feel free to private message me if you feel you need extra support im planning onbeing around a lot more now.