He asked me out! He asked me out!

Options
Yay! So, last night he asked me out for the weekend. Saturday night drinks. <3 (*) :D I'm excited!!!! Nervous, but excited. We are going to try and find someplace to meet in the middle.

Replies

• thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay! So, last night he asked me out for the weekend. Saturday night drinks. <3 (*) :D I'm excited!!!! Nervous, but excited. We are going to try and find someplace to meet in the middle.

Awesome, congratulations! Have a great time! B)
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    That sounds like so much fun!

Remember you can take a lyft or an uber if you end up having a few too many drinks.

Have fun!
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    How did it go???
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Welllllllllllllllll????????????? :D
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It went ok .. lol. So, we each had to drive about 45 minutes to meet up. We went to a pizza/Italian restaurant place instead of drinks since we both had to drive so far. The place was PACKED. We had to sit at the bar to eat, which was ok, but loud. He looked like his pictures, so that was good. We ate and chatted for a while, it was good. Then we walked outside to talk some more because it was so loud in there. I asked him if I looked like what he thought.

He says .. and I quote.. "I am really glad you aren't skinny". :| Um .. wait.. what? lol I asked him if that was supposed to be a compliment and he said .. well, essentially it wouldn't matter, but I'm just glad you aren't. I'm not really attracted to thin women. It made me sad. So .. I pushed it to the back of my mind. We kissed for a bit and some kid yelled "get a room" and we decided to call it a night.

But, I couldn't get that comment out of my head! It bothered me. We texted a bit the next day, but I was really busy and couldn't answer a lot and then he didn't text me at all yesterday. *sigh*
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    ugh open mouth insert foot. He probably didn't mean anything bad by it and probably meant it like he like a woman with boobs and *kitten*. As long as the rest of the evening was enjoyable and the kissing was good I think you should give him another chance.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I wouldnt take that comment in a negative way, unless you ARE skinny?? :\ In which case I guess it could be a bit of an ego bruise.

But Jen, why would you even ask the question 'do I look like my pics?'. You know the saying: don't ask questions you dont want to hear the answer to!!!

I always tell guys I'm not skinny before we meet. It's my way of managing their expectations.

If he hasn't text I guess he's more worried about the distance/chemistry than anything else.
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    Here is my problem. I really would like to know what you guys think. When I met my ex-husband .. I honestly knew right away that he was it. Like .. the first date. We were together constantly after the first date and lived together after just a couple months. Now, I know we ended in divorce .. but the problem is that I keep looking for that feeling. Is that a normal thing? Was it just because I was young? I feel like I should know it if I meet that person. Maybe I am expecting too much? I don't know .. I don't have anything else to compare it to.

Am I crazy to think that will happen again .. or at this stage in my life??
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You relied on pure chemistry with your ex and because it was intense, in your young mind you figured he was The One. It happened to me too!
    And though I think there should be chemistry, don't soley base it on that. What about his morals? His values? His interests? His background etc?
    If I ever get married again, I want to marry someone I get along with, am in love with and are my best friend. There are so many more things (not just that crazy feeling) I'm looking for this time.

I've been with my bf now for a while now (8months first time we dated, and now 10 months) and we are in love. I didn't feel crazy chemistry first date but we had talked on phone before that for like 4 hrs with great chemistry. Anyway, I went out with him again because he made me laugh. We were in a relationship for a while but that's as far as it went. We broke up, got back together after 6 months and it's just skyrocketed. We are now committed, living together, best friends etc.
    I didn't feel he was my soulmate during our first date. I did feel I wanted to get to know him more though. And then it our story unfolded.

It could still happen the way you're describing but I would be more open.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Here is my problem. I really would like to know what you guys think. When I met my ex-husband .. I honestly knew right away that he was it. Like .. the first date. We were together constantly after the first date and lived together after just a couple months. Now, I know we ended in divorce .. but the problem is that I keep looking for that feeling. Is that a normal thing? Was it just because I was young? I feel like I should know it if I meet that person. Maybe I am expecting too much? I don't know .. I don't have anything else to compare it to.

No, it's not because you're young. I've felt that feeling a few times and I would hope I'd feel it again. However, be assured, it's not the feeling that make the relationship!! That's just the giddy chemistry of love at first sight. It's real, but not necessarily lasting!

You need to give the guy a chance if you dont get the feeling too! As that may be the one you're going to grow old with.

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the date!!! Sometimes guys say things without really meaning them the way we take them. Have you texted him back? Sounds like you had fun. You guys kissed after he made that comment & he texted you so it sounds like he likes you. So that's great! As far as the immediate feeling, no, doesn't always happen. keep in mind, he is your ex for a reason, right?
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    Yes .. that is true. He is my ex for a reason. We have been texting a bit this week. I'm going to see how it goes. I'm not going to stress about it. I am what I am and he will either like it or not and vice versa.. lol Thanks you guys!!!! o:)
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes guys say things without really meaning them the way we take them."
    BINGO! Sweetcurlz nailed this one! Best of luck to you.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I'm the exact same way...with my (former/deceased) fiancee, we both knew right away also and moved in after a few months too. It was literally love at first "date" haha (I knew very well who he was because I had seen him before. He was 6'6" so kind of hard not to! And we had mutual friends. So I can't say "first sight") We talked every day after that and saw each other multiple times per week...seriously...from the first date on. It was the age of AOL Instant Messenger (early 2000's) so if we weren't chatting on there we were talking on the phone a few times per day. I guess he spoiled me. Don't get me wrong, I don't need to talk to someone every single day but to be honest...we both WANTED to. It was mutual and it wasn't hard. There was no guessing or wondering. I don't know what to think these days...the closest I got to a relationship again was in the spring. He was texting/calling me every day too. I don't know what his deal was though...maybe he just wanted a BFF? But clearly not a relationship with me. He "poofed" on me. ::shrug::
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 51 Member
    Options

...maybe he just wanted a BFF? But clearly not a relationship with me. He "poofed" on me. ::shrug::

I sympathize with the abracadabra poof they're gone thing...just happened with the girl I was seeing...no explanation, no fight or anything like that...just "poof".

And @Jennifer10723 I really really hope it still can happen like that at any stage of life (I honestly think it can...just requires finding the right person I think). Honestly though it better still be possible, I'm really not willing to do without it.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Yes .. that is true. He is my ex for a reason. We have been texting a bit this week. I'm going to see how it goes. I'm not going to stress about it. I am what I am and he will either like it or not and vice versa.. lol Thanks you guys!!!! o:)

So, any plans to meet again? Or has it fizzled?

• Jennifer10723
    Options
    No it fizzled. He would text me and I would answer and then like a day and a half later he would text me back. So .. I just stopped answering. sigh. I give up.