Weekly check-in... And go!

Options
2»

Replies

• chimalolita
    Options
    I am the same way! Love the workout but I never get pass the 4th day or so. I'm trying to do it this time for real. This is the only workout I do that actually motivates me but my legs get sore and it's hard to keep going. How do you deal with that?
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! Love the workout but I never get pass the 4th day or so. I'm trying to do it this time for real. This is the only workout I do that actually motivates me but my legs get sore and it's hard to keep going. How do you deal with that?

Just a few I can think of that helped me

1. I always make sure I warm-up and cool down properly... I usually actually do pre-leg stretches and do extra stretches after the 10 minute stretch workout.. I saw a HUGE difference when I did this.

2. Check your form on all moves. If you have to watch yourself in a mirror doing a few of the moves from the workout to make sure you aren't over doing something or doing something completely wrong... When I watched my self I found I was doing something completely crazy on two of the moves from Fire 40. I corrected them and my knee and legs thanked me heavily for it.

3. If it's just plain on DOMS... power through it. I have found if it is just plain jane muscle soreness... It's usually gone after the first 10-15 minutes of working out anyways. Of course if it's something different (trust me you will know. I completely threw my shoulder out one time, totally different kind of pain) stop until you are healed and/or see a doctor.

Side note....Completed up week 3 a few days early due to double up on some here and there. So on to week 4 a tad bit early... If I complete week 4 it will be the most far I have gotten yet! I always wimped out before month 2...
  • 20monkies
    20monkies Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean as well!

When my husband is home I don't do workouts... I don't want him seeing me making a fool of myself doing silly moves and getting all sweaty (he actually laughed one day when he came home, and caught me mid-workout...)

Then there are my kids. I try to do it after I've dropped my daughter off at school, and the younger one is fed with a tv show or two on. Otherwise... I resort to a night workout, just after both kids have gone to sleep, and before DH comes home. The shorter workouts are best, as opposed to the longer 55 or 60 minute ones (even combined to 60 minutes).

Anyways, Completed week 3! Woohoo! Onto Week 4!

I can feel the difference already. I think I'm down 5-7 pounds. :)
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Only had 30 min this morning - so I did half of Fire 60 only because I'm really bored with Fire 30.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ahhhhh it's been forever since I have posted...
    I finished up week 3 early and !BAM! A wedding, birthday parties, and hubby had a shift change at work and next thing I knew week 4 took way more than a week to get through... BUT I got through it and I am further than I have ever been! On to week 5, my turbo friends.
    I also forgot to do my results after week 4 so I will do them tomorrow morning and let ya know what I lost. I know it won't be a lot because my diet was crazy the first few weeks, but I have found something that works for me so I am hoping the next results after week 8 will be better.

I know what ya mean about the hubby 20monkies... Mine has done the same thing.. I can't remember what it was I threw at him but I haven't let the turd catch me working out to turbo fire again... But we walk and run together some times and do yard work together with laughs or objects being thrown... :p
  • 20monkies
    Options
    Best of luck to you, PBsMommy! You can do it! :D I'm rooting for you!
    Are you following the 12 week schedule, or the 20 week schedule? I'm doing the 20 week, because I have quite a bit to lose.

I know exactly what you mean with parties and celebrations getting in the way of our eating and workout routines, but as long as you're able to control your diet and eating the healthier options you should be just fine! n_n

I'm near completion of Week 5 now! :O this week has been kind of up and down for me, but I've been keeping up with the exercises thankfully.

From my initial starting weight of 185/187, I am now at 177 lbs. (my scale is terrible, and never balances at the correct place. I've resorted to using my mom's digital one when I visit her on the weekend. lol)

Before the end of June, I was hovering in the 190 zone, so I'm just happy to see my progress.

Even tonight, I had to go to my aunts place for a get together and one of my traditional outfits finally fit! You won't believe how excited and relieved I was. My arms had gotten so chunky the sleeves were rather tight on my bicep area. When they slid in and were resting more loosely and comfortably, I did a happy dance. Woohoo!

Let's keep up the good work :D
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I keep losing and getting stronger, feeling so much better than when I started. I also do Zumba, and Power training.

24562057.png
  • 20monkies
    Options
    Started Week 7 a couple of days back, and did my weight in as well.

174! I'm so happy to finally be out of the 180s. That was frightening me so much, but I must keep focussed and continue if I want to be healthier and fitter. :smile:

• 20monkies
    Options
    Ending Week 10....

Weighted in at 167 lbs. Whoo hoo! :D Starting to mix it up with other workouts in between, but attempting to at least complete the 12 week schedule.

I'll see if I want to continue with advanced classes or not...
  • 20monkies
    Options
    Well, I did it. It was hard finishing it up but I did it! 22 pounds down and I am starting to get back the shape I had before gaining all this extra weight.

I'm so happy with myself. Woohoo!

I was going to do another round of Turbofire but I want to change it up and start a new program. So, I have decided to go with Insanity to get off the extra 20 pounds I want down.

Wish me luck! It was fun :smile: hopefully I'll be able to keep a routine once I get to my goal!