Mama wants her body back!

Options
Skeebee
Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
Ok...baby weight needs to come OFF!!!! Who wants to start with me?!?! I have fallen off the wagon since Cece was born in May.

Replies

• fallprincess120
    Options
    I'm with you!
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Me, Me, Me *Waving hand wildly* I have been so down in the dumps and I know a lot of it is just feeling so out of control in regards to my diet and exercise. But then having no motivation to fix it. So what is the plan? Just help hold each other accountable?
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have been so down in the dumps and I know a lot of it is just feeling so out of control in regards to my diet and exercise. But then having no motivation to fix it.

Me right now. It's easier to be sad and not change.

I was doing the 30DS, but then it started giving me really bad SPD pain (to the point where walking would hurt - not a lot, but enough to make me stop after 25 days of doing it) and wrist/elbow pain.

I just don't know. Husband is talking about moving states and I find I'm just in a waiting period. Trying not to feed the stress with food but no motivation to get moving.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    WHAT'S THE PLAN?

Any ideas?

Motivation?
  • stephysd
    Options
    WHAT'S THE PLAN?

Any ideas?

Motivation?

My thought had been something like the 30 day shred, but if that was irritating you then it would not work the best. Do we each want to set an individual goal and hold each other accountable? Or do we want to try to find some exercises to do with the baby?

I am down for anything really.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    My thought had been something like the 30 day shred, but if that was irritating you then it would not work the best. Do we each want to set an individual goal and hold each other accountable? Or do we want to try to find some exercises to do with the baby?

I am down for anything really.

The 30 day shred really did help, but too hard for me right now (my wrists are still hurting from all the planks/pushups).

I'm good with individual goals. I'd love the accountability.

My goal right now would be to do the arms routine from a step class I loved because it was the first time in my life I had toned arms and I'll take anything right now. Doesn't take much time and I'd love a little more muscle. My goal is 3 times a week, so probably MWF.

How about you?
  • stephysd
    Options
    I'm good with individual goals. I'd love the accountability.

My goal right now would be to do the arms routine from a step class I loved because it was the first time in my life I had toned arms and I'll take anything right now. Doesn't take much time and I'd love a little more muscle. My goal is 3 times a week, so probably MWF.

How about you?
    [/quote]

So I also participate in a group and these were the goals I set for myself. I gained a lot of weight the last three weeks and today was the 4 week weigh in. Just by eating healthier (fruits and veggies), packing my lunches and meal planning, and increasing water up to 8-9 glasses I was able to drop a couple pounds this last week. But if I hope to lose next week I am going to have to actually push myself.

Goals for the next week:
    1. Track everyday that I am at work (M,TU, TH, F)
    2. Increase water to 13 glasses
    3.Exercise 10 minutes each morning before waking up the kids
    4. Keep packing my lunches and meal planning.

I'll send you a note tonight to double check if you got your exercise in today and how I did on my goals. I know you can do it!!! And on a side note, after all the complaining of our bodies, how is your little one doing??? How are the older siblings (I think a boy and girl right)? I've missed this group and keeping in touch with each other during our pregnancies. Sorry to hear about the limbo with the hubby's work. I remember that was a concern at the end of the pregnancy.

We have all been good and settling into our roles fairly well.
    *Daddy is completely and utterly wrapped around his little girl's finger. And I adore it. He was never very tender towards are sons as he was still dealing with a lot of demons from Iraq and trying to get his PTSD under control. So watching him with her just melts my heart.
    *Mom other then the weight is good. I had to remove a lot of food from my diet that was upsetting her, but have gotten use to it now. I lost caffeine (so lots of decaf tea and coffee and diet coke. My husband questions why I even bother, and he does not understand it is for the taste of it not the actually jolt of caffeine), dairy products (this one was hard until the hubby found lactose free milk, butter and cheese for me. I also do a lot of sorbet when they are having ice cream), and alcohol (not a heavy drinker but with summer you want to enjoy the occasionally beer. So lots of Busch NAs with tomato juice got me by. And the occasionally glass of wine which does not bug her other then she sleeps well that night and Mom suffers for it) I started back to work on Aug 25th and just trying to get into the swing of it all.
    *D (8 yo son) started 3rd grade and so far so good. He has ADHD but we have it well managed and once again this year we have a great teacher who is willing to work with us and D to help him do the best he can. He stated ukulele lessons on Saturday and has his first piano lesson today. He does not like sports but really likes music. So letting him explore his options.
    *Iv (6 yo son) started kindergarten and it about broke this Mommy's heart. He was my baby boy and it was so hard to watch him make this big step. BUT he loves loves loves it. And I love watching him come home all excited with what he has learned and showing it to me. He lost two teeth this weekend, so has the cutest Jack-o-Lantern grin.
    *L is 4 months old and no longer seems like a baby. She is a big (long and chubby) and from being constantly carried in a wrap holds her head really well. I keep having people mistake her for a 6-7 month old and always laugh not to make her grow up faster then she already is. She is the happiest baby (which was a blessing because our sons were not). She loves watching her big brothers and they are constantly showing off to her. Plus showing her off. Yesterday in the store, my youngest son was suppose to watch the cart while I went back down the side aisle to see what was taken the oldest so long. (We live in a town of 200 so I did not ditch my kids in a busy store FYI just small town grocer). Next thing I know Iv has a lady in tow with her infant daughter. The gal is actually a mom to one of D's classmates, and she was just laughing. She said Iv popped up from behind the cart and said, "Hey we have a she, just like your she. Would you like to come and see her? Let's go find my mom.'
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    I admire anyone that can work and be mom. I feel like I am sucking at just mom. Glad to hear your husband is doing so well with her! I can't imagine having the PTSD worry. My husband was in the navy for 8 years but I am thankful he doesn't have any lasting side effects and didn't do any really bad deployments. Awesome about your oldest getting into music. We are not a musical family, but I am willing to let our children explore if they choose to later. Kindergarten? I can't imagine. I am dreading that day. I'm sure I'll be a wreck. That's really sweet about your son showing off his sister. Our daughter too has great control due to being carried in a carrier so much! We have to when they're not the first baby! Glad she's so happy and easy.

I have to say our first 2 children were not as easy going as our third. My oldest, James, turned 3 in June. I was hoping to put him in preschool this August, but he's not potty trained. We've tried everything, he has control and will when he wants, but he'd choosing to go in his diaper and I'm not willing to fight him right now. Juliet is 1.5 years old and has so much angst. She is our most difficult child right now, but can be the sweetest. She's got 2 more canines left to break through, I am hoping once they are through she will be happier and more easy going. Kate, best baby so far. So easy going and happy. Sleeps well (1-2 wake ups, but not up long and usually just the once). Naps well in her crib. She'll be 4 months next week.

I'm ok...My husband found out this week (unofficially, we should hear officially hopefully by Friday) that he got the raise and we will be moving out of state. My family is giving us a lot of grief becuase they are all from here and I will be moving the grandkids 10 hours by car away (plane would be about 5 hours between layovers or driving from a farther airport). I am incredibly stressed by this and worry over having no friends and moving issues, but I know it will be better for our family in the long run. Just have to get through each day right now and clean up the house to put on the market within the month. AGGHH!!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    so, I got knee surgery yesterday since this is a big step forward for me to be able to keep up with my daughter. second knee surgery is next month or december. My goals kinda got put on hold. How is everyone else doing???