Sole Trainers - Challenge (10/12-10/15)

Options
Online Motivation & Inspiration

Social media is a great place to find & share ideas, motivation & inspiration for your personal journey and weightloss journey.

If you feel comfortable sharing a social media to connect with your team members, then go ahead & then get connected with the others that share.

For example, my Pinterest where I pin a ton of healthy recipes & weightloss motivation is at: http://www.pinterest.com/mysunnychica/

Are there any blogs you follow, facebook pages, instagram pages, etc. that you have found helpful, then please share them here.

For example, I follow:

http://instagram.com/cleansimpleeats
https://www.facebook.com/Peak313

Bonus Points: Tweet or connect on something like Facebook or Instagram with a Biggest Loser trainer, former contestant, the Biggest Loser facebook page, or something similar. Bonus point for if you receive a response back to your post :) Just include a link or pic of it for the bonus points.

You could post/tweet and brag about your team's weightloss as of 9/11-10/8.

Warriors - 50 pounds
Calorie Killers - 64.5 pounds
Sole Trainers - 61 pounds
Western Allstars - 15.5 pounds (we were missing a ton of weigh-ins this week, so can't say for sure)

Replies

• Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Its a shame, but with the upgrade MFP had us blocked out from posting anything for a bit and then on top of that finding "groups" is a bit different also.
    Not much on social networking . . . but interested in seeing if I can find trainer facebook pages will just have see.
  • Jazz_2014
    Options
    I thought I would share one of my favorite blogs that provides a large amount of nutritional recipes.
    http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/about-me/

I had to relearn how to cook veggies. One of my favorite is roasted okra from her site. A huge important change from eating southern fried food.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've followed Jillian Michaels for a long time on Facebook. I also follow The Biggest Loser and constantly look up things on Pinterest.

Wow that's a lot of pounds for our group! Go Sole Trainers!
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I have an Instagram strictly for fitness it's @kurvyk08 Some of my favorite instagram pages are @fitchickscook @phsiquetransformations @trainandtransform @sammybfit @mealprepmondays @mealprepdaily I follow a lot of people from Extreme Weight Loss and I follow Tanya from last year biggest loser. I know last year she responded to my tweet. I wonder if she will respond now??
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    Okay so this just happened!! Tanya Winfield Biggest Loser Season 15 former contestant responded to me on instagram. I'm kurvyk08 by the way.
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    hmm...it's really small
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I just do facebook mainly and follow the biggest loser and extreme weight loss and Chris and Heidi Powell and shape magazine and fitness magazine and several runner sites (as one day I might consider myself a runner) Mostly fitness stuff and not so much healthy food that I follow. I found that several food ones I followed turned out to be not too healthy after all. I would be interested in any truly healthy food sites to follow on FB. I haven't followed any of the trainers on biggest loser and so I will probably search them out today and add them. I really like tips on exercises and what not to do and how to modify one that is rough for you. I rarely post anything, mostly just take in information. But I will try for a response to something. I feel like Chris and Heidi are really good at responding, so I might start there.
  • Jazz_2014
    Options
    I connected up with Jen's facebook page. Funny as she, Dolvett, and Jessie have a small clip of their imitating one another. She nails Dolvett.
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not on twitter, pinterest, facebook or any other such site. I was on pinterest briefly but that was ages ago. I'm definitely okay with this; I'm not a huge fan of social media. I do, however, regularly read an MFP blog started by the member named shannonmpls - I find her practical, educational and inspirational and I also check in frequently with The Rock's (Dwayne Johnson's) twitter page because I find him so very motivational and inspirational.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I follow a low carb for life "group" on facebook, and enjoy trying some of the recipes they share. Also a fitness group that likes to posts daily motivation tips or workout challenges. I don't have either of them available just yet...but I can share those later. I for the most part like to keep my facebook devoid fitness related material because some people on there don't understand the struggles and they get annoyed by it. Pinterest is pretty awesome for motivational post, or for fitness challenges, etc.
  • laurabarden130
    laurabarden130 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP and follow several of my friends. I am in several groups here as well....does that count? lol. I do look on the Biggest Loser site and The Extreme weight loss site. I am on Dr Phils site and participate in message boards on weight loss show topics, ect. I keep up with some friends that I served with in the NAVY. :} I just joined pintrist and I think im hooked!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Like willtry08, I am not much for social media. I do read several blogs on MFP and I follow discussions on Web'S for Dr. Pamela Peake, who wrote book that helped me lose 113 lbs. I logged into Facebook for this first time in months and checked out some of the people mentioned but it just isn't my thing. The groups here on MFP are the most helpful to me in terms of social media.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The other day I found an app called "PumpUp." It seems to be some sort of social media thing dedicated to fitness. I'm still playing around with it, but I do like the fact that it has a workout generator. I'm not sure if I'll use it for the social aspect yet (after all I do frequent the forums here a lot), but I will probably make use of the workouts.
    Other than that, in terms of weight loss/fitness/health, I don't really use my facebook for that. My facebook is mainly for keeping in touch with family members and some of my really close friends (although we don't live exactly close to each other anymore).
This discussion has been closed.