Gagh! Stall.

Options
elifusa
elifusa Posts: 45 Member
Oh boy, it's happened to me too! HA. Trying not to let it freak me out, I'm enjoying the process. Keeping to my calories, very low sodium, and I'm working out again.

Though it is hard to see the scale not budge after it's free fall of late. I think it's because I just started biking and running again, but it should start to fly off again, after all it is a known fact that if you burn more calories than you take in you will loose weight.

But, EF YOU SCALE....I got my sexy curvy waist back, and ain't nothing gonna make me feel bad after that! ;)

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We all have those stalls - Just keep on going!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Usually you are losing inches and sizes during a stall, expecially when you are exercising. A pound of muscle is physically smaller than a pound of fat (think muscle = brick and fat = feathers), so as you lose fat and build muscle, your scale may not move but I bet you will go down in size and inches.

Hang in there, just wait, as long as something is still moving down, you are still going in the right direction.

Pat
  • nkac1980
    nkac1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have already eaten 995 calories today! I feel like a total failure. 4 months out, been on a stall the entire month. Probably has something to do with the 995 calories. FML
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Did the same thing in May. Lost only a lb. Finally buckled down and committed to the food scale. 900 became the magic number for me
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was on a stall also at 5 weeks (last week) I went in to weight mgmt and they weighed me. I had lost 2 lbs fat even though the scale had only moved a few ounces--do not get stuck on the scale numbers---sometimes you are losing fat and inches even when that scale does not move! I have also upped my protein after being told about going into starvation mode if we are not getting enough. It has seemed to help...