Western All Stars - Chat (10/16-10/22)

Options
writemusic4him
writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Busy, Busy, Bee. This evening find a way to keep as active as possible around your house. Need to change the sheets on your bed? Run in there as fast as you can change the sheets as fast as you can and run back in time to catch the show. If you need to empty the dishwasher, you might just want to do something like squat down to get the dish & up on your toes to put them away...so you don't break any dishes :) Be creative and let us know what you did during the commercials!

If you are watching the show at a gym or something. Try finding an activity to alternate to during commercials. Maybe you are on the treadmill and the commercial comes on, so you switch to the bike and go as fast as you can, then back to the treadmill during the show. Unless someone's going to steal your machine :)

Have fun watching & chatting the show here!

Replies

• katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i unloaded the dishwasher & did a few squats while i did it. and then on the next commercial break, i loaded the dishwasher and cleaned the rest of the kitchen. still no surprise at comeback canyon! and yet i'm surprised that men who are still over 300 lbs are happy loosing single digits - seems like they should be in double digits easily. not sure if it's the trainors or the contestants. seems to me that bob & jillian would have them loosing double digits still... ok, i'm a little biased here - i admit it. this season doesn't seem to be doing much for me. perhaps it's where i am! guess i will try harder this week.
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I washed the dishes during commercials. I was thinking about the single digit weight loss as well. Last season or season before they were doing double digits every week. I wonder if the show was getting flack about it and has made for more realistic weight loss. Especially with Racheal losing too much weight and winning last season.
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Interesting to consider whether the show is throttling back the weight-loss some. Maybe allowing them to retain water weight right before weigh-ins where they may have previously been encouraged to dehydrate a little. Just one possible reason why the loss is less.
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The show was ok for me, a couple of emotional points that resonated. For instance, seeing how Rob's attitude toward himself has changed so dramatically in just a few weeks where earlier he was a very angry young man. Even if his weight doesn't come down, this change in demeanor and his view of himself and life in general will serve him well.

I am pretty sure that even if i was in the hot seat and thought i might leave due to having so little weight-loss that week, there is NO WAY i would take in any of that food just to get immunity. It hurts the team and hurts yourself a little as well.
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bravo to the girl that did push ups instead of tempting herself looking at the food.
  • brookeseverson135
    Options
    I agree that they should be losing more weight than they are. I don't think the new guy trainer is working them as hard.

Also, so sad about Mike.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    sorry about Mike. the people are not losing the weight as in other years. Maybe not pushed as hard
    during commercals I did biceps curls. Did a walk during part of the show.. Hard week this week due to my bad knees had shots in them we be better in a day or two but one thing the show showed me is you can always do something
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm sad too that Mike also had to leave but what a comeback for Rob! :) He went from losing 3-4 lbs to losing 11. I'm glad he's making good progress :).

I also did the challenge with household chores. I was able to take 3 bags of garbage out, get the laundry done and make my bed. Lol I cant remember the last time I've been so productive with chores Lol
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA guys . Lap top down twice and I worked 3 or 4 days during my time off . It really sucked since I haven't even been able to watch the show for the last two weeks . I hope to catch up today or tomorrow but I am back up to work so probably will watch tonights show tomorrow since I work till 8 pm tonight .

Amy
This discussion has been closed.