My Evil Doctor

Options
knoelledi
knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
I was recently diagnosed with occipital neuralgia and put on PT. In the meantime, I have been taking excedrine migraine to help with the pain. Well the pain decreased but the frequency has increased. When I went to the docs, he said I'm having rebound headaches and I have to stop taking the excedrine. I'm on day 4 and miserable. Plus side, I'm not eating well because it hurts to chew so I'm down. Bad side, I've only exercised twice this week, trying again once more this morning but i do drums alive and the noise may be too much. I just want to be in a dark room, silent, wrapped in heating pads.
The man is evil.

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, now? I hope a little better?
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit better but still getting the headaches. I broke down yesterday and took one exedrine tension headache and it worked like a charm. I no longer want to kill him but am scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday. Hopefully some answers. Doing a 2 hr Zumbathon today.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Oh good luck on the MRI! I hope it works - so frustrating the crap the doctors put you through without it ever seeming to really hit them exactly what it means. :-/
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I am fairly new to MFP and just joined this group. My doctor is no help. Just says I must be eating more calories than I say and need to exercise more. Right now my hip hurts so bad I don't even want to walk or stand. Dr. said it's not my hip but my lower back. I'm 66, 70 lbs. overweight, in pain all the time and so discouraged. Glad to be here with this group!
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    Is anyone else still in this group? ;)
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    Hello Maitria. I start physical therapy today. Hope that helps me enough to be able to be more active.
  • Maitria
    Options
    I hope so too-how did it go?
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    The physical therapist said I was right. It's the T-band too tight and bursitis in a joint. I will go once a week to check in. He said it will take time - not an easy fix. Just knowing helps. Now to see if I can get the fibromyalgia and myocardial flare up under control and find a doctor who will help with my adrenal fatigue. There has to be a naturalist of some kind somewhere around here. How are you doing?
  • Maitria
    Options
    It is definitely good to have more information. More information always seems to lead to more homework for us, though. ;) I'm doing alright, thank you!
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can always try Arnica pills. They are completely natural and do not interfere with any other meds. They may take a few days to kick in, but they do work. I take a blood thinner so I can't use ibuprofen or aspirin and this is what I use. I've bought mine at whole foods, but any healthy food type store should have them. They also make a gel to rub on your skin which helps. Sending healing energy your way.
  • AmbyD75
    Options
    New to the group, my Dr is only evil sometimes. I am on restricted exercise though. Nothing but the pool and low impact walks. Trying to figure out how I am supposed to lose weight with so little exercise options.
    Bursitis in both hips, fibro and RA are my main dx
  • Julslilly1
    Julslilly1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    knoelledi wrote: »
    I was recently diagnosed with occipital neuralgia and put on PT. In the meantime, I have been taking excedrine migraine to help with the pain. Well the pain decreased but the frequency has increased. When I went to the docs, he said I'm having rebound headaches and I have to stop taking the excedrine. I'm on day 4 and miserable. Plus side, I'm not eating well because it hurts to chew so I'm down. Bad side, I've only exercised twice this week, trying again once more this morning but i do drums alive and the noise may be too much. I just want to be in a dark room, silent, wrapped in heating pads.
    The man is evil.
    I would suggest to ask to try Topomax. I've heard it works great for migraines but one common side effect is rapid weight loss
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Topimax in some cases does have a side effect of weight loss. The first time I took it I lost weight over a 3 month period. About 30lbs. Keep in mind if you change to something else then go back to topimax the side effect is not likely to occur again. This was my first hand experience. Good medication for migraines never the less. Verapamil is also used as preventative in some types of headaches. Triptans are lifesavers in crisis.