Day 26: Saturday, October 18, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Weekends are usually a challenge for many of us. Being busy in any activity may be a good wat to stay on track. I have plenty of pending things to do including prepare for a job interview, service my car, organize hard drives, visit the library, buy groceries, get foot massage, take Udemy courses, and the list goes on, so I will be super busy. Before I ask your laundry list for the weekend I am happy to report that Friday was another alpha day with 151 minutes of walk and my calories count staying green.

So, what are you up to on the weekend?

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hummmm....I need to clean out a couple rooms/cabinets etc. I suppose I can get some 'steps in by doing that!! I also want to get in an exercise DVD to....hummmmm I feel like a Richard Simmons...'Dancing with the oldies' coming up today!!! Have a great weekend!
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Didn't do too bad yesterday considering we went to the fair. I did indulge a bit on the fried food (mainly just some bites of what my daughter ordered) but ordered myself a greek salad. I know a fair's version is probably not as healthy as it should be, but it looked more appealing then the other options.

I did walk about 4.5 miles in total while we were there and made sure just to drink water.

Goals for Day 26

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Strength training and light cardio (walking) - didn't get the strength training in yesterday so will do today.

Plans for the weekend are the typically the same each weekend - my two daughters' activities. But I will be food prepping tomorrow for the coming week's meals.
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    My weekend will be like my week days I joined an online school so will be doing homework.

yesterday was another bad day for me, but today is a new day I am motivated to eat under my cals
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start. Walked 40 min. at 6am burning 251 calories; Breakfast was Oatmeal, 1 link turkey sausage (Jimmy D.); sugar free syrup; Lite toast 1/2 slice; 158 calories -- makes me (-) 93 calories for the morning. Leaving room for later - just in case. Drank 4 cups of water; plan to walk more later.

10/13/14 - down 4 more
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    75 degree weather here in Va. We are raking leaves, watching college football, generally enjoying retirement.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a success. I ended up eating exactly at my budgeted calories, got plenty of water, and was able to avoid extra munching with the help of some mints.

Today I'm also planning to keep busy to keep bored eating under control. I'm currently at the library to look up/print some recipes, and am planning on making two apple pies later today with the apples we picked recently. I'd also like to carve the pumpkins we have. I think I need to get some smaller jeans as well, as the ones I have are so saggy all over they're starting to look really sloppy.

Tomorrow I'm planning to go to the Long Island Reptile Show. Our snake Iago passed away in late May, and my husband and I have been waiting before deciding to get a new friend. I've warned him that I might become lizard-crazy after going. My first reptile was my chameleon Nixon, and until Iago passed, I had had a scaly friend of some sort since the age of 14.

I'm confident that by keeping busy, I'll be less inclined to sit around and eat. I tend to get cravings for the sweet and salty (and not much in-between) when I'm just bumming around. Until next Tuesday my goals continue to remain simple - stay under or very close to my calorie goals, drink enough water, and watch my sodium levels. So far so good - I've had three days in a row, but the weekends are the true test!
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an alpha day for me as well! Keep up the great work. Today is a recovery day of sorts, house recovery (get to play catch up on all the things that I let slide over the week). Our favorite friend is coming over today to hang out and enjoy great food and football on Sunday morning. I am letting today be a cheat day on food and I will be eating back my burned calories and maybe a little more. I intend to stay under 2000 cal. That is it, my only goal for today. Enjoy your Saturday!
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a pretty awful food day, but its behind me now. Went out today and bought a set of weights for the home gym I'm slowly putting together. I'd like to keep my workouts a little more consistent and I find my shift work can wreak havoc on my workout schedule.

Calories are on track for today, I might jump on the treadmill a little later today for some activity, still feeling rather rundown though.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    done ok today, 5k this morning nice healthy lunch followed by a very sparse buffet tea at my dads.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not sure whats going on, but haven't been feeling well the last 2 days. Calorie intake has been on the low side. I guess i shouldn't be surprised if some of these 5.5 lbs that i have taken off this week come back. Just remind me if i get upset next week.

My goal today

Eat by calories
    Drink plenty of water
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Off track today on eating but did do the Jillian Michaels beginner shred workouts all 3 of them back to back. Hopefully that will negate the damage from the eating. Plan to go hiking tomorrow and prepare some food and snacks for the upcoming week.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Didn't meet any of my goals yesterday. Today wasn't any better. Today I painted the back porch, and made sauerkraut. Hoping tomorrow I can get out and do some walking.