My Fitbit is not syncing my steps to MFP!!

Options
AHutch127
AHutch127 Posts: 2 Member
Had my flex for less that 24 hours .. so far it has only synced 1 step to MFP. How can I fix this?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Actually, Fitbit is syncing back to your account with them first, then that syncs over to MFP eventually.

So you need to go dig to see where the break down is.

Are the the steps showing in your Fitbit account, showing it got the info from the device?
    If not - there's nothing to come over to MFP.

If it is in Fitbit, are your food totals showing in Fitbit?
    Are there calorie adjustments in MFP Exercise diary?

If the 2 accounts are syncing other data, then steps wouldn't either.
  • ladeejay27
    Options
    I'm having same problem mfp shows steps but is no longer adjusting my net calories. It shows 0 exercise and I have 9,000 steps. This has been going on for about 10 days. If it does sink the exercise credit is so low and I walked 9, 368 steps it gave me credit of 93 cal burned on mfp. I updated mfp and fitbit and re-installed them both today. Any suggestions?
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    the mystery is solved... sort of. fitbit - the dashboard, not the fitbit unit - showed me as logging 23 hours of walking across 2 days, and the walking was at no speed, so it logged 23 hours at no calories. i didn't log 23 hours of walking - in fact, i see no reason to log walking, since fitbit always counts walking. as soon as i deleted that log, my extra calories burned immediately showed up on fitbit and MFP. *whew!*

ladeejay27, you might want to check your fitbit activity log on the first of those 10 days to see if you have a logged activity you didn't log that extends for 9 or 10 days. btw, fitbit support was very helpful to me in this situation, and helped me figure out what the problem was. i have not a clue how i ended up with that logged activity, since i didn't log it, but once identified it was easily fixed.
  • heybales
    Options
    ladeejay27 wrote: »
    I'm having same problem mfp shows steps but is no longer adjusting my net calories. It shows 0 exercise and I have 9,000 steps. This has been going on for about 10 days. If it does sink the exercise credit is so low and I walked 9, 368 steps it gave me credit of 93 cal burned on mfp. I updated mfp and fitbit and re-installed them both today. Any suggestions?

Just to clarify - that exercise adjustment (not credit always) is NOT because of steps or exercise done - it is merely if there is a difference between what Fitbit said you burned in that day and what MFP said you'd burn with no exercise.

So if you say had MFP set to Lightly Active, and Fitbit had no real workout just extra steps as normal part of daily life, then minor adjustments is actually very correct.
    That allows you to plan better.

You chose wisely.

Now, if you are logging big workouts of say 400-500 calorie burns, and only a 93 cal adjustment comes over, and on non-exercise days you have a big 300-400 negative adjustment - then you selected too high of a MFP activity level.
    Or in those cases what happens many times is you are less active for rest of the day because the workout knocked you out, so you may have burned 400 calories in the workout - but then were less active normally because wiped out by 300 calories in the day - meaning you only burned 100 more than you'd burn otherwise.

That happens to many too.
  • melis9701
    melis9701 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't even been syncing over the last week or so. I keep having to reconnect both accounts. SO frustrating!!
  • ladeejay27
    Options
    Does anyone know where to set negative adjustments. i'm wondering if this is why I still get no calorie adjust it says mine is turned off.
  • heybales
    Options
    ladeejay27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to set negative adjustments. i'm wondering if this is why I still get no calorie adjust it says mine is turned off.

MFP - Settings - Diary Settings - bottom is Negative Adjustments.