Smoothie recipes?

Options
808malia
808malia Posts: 631 Member
I am looking for some good smoothie recipes that are low calorie, any takers? I'm pretty open to anything :tongue:

Replies

• D224
    D224 Posts: 6
    Options
    My favorite is: 1 frozen banana
    1.5 cups of almond milk (I use unsweetened)
    2 tablespoons of Just Great Stuff organic powdered peanut butter
    1 tablespoon of carob powder ( cocoa powder can be used, I don't do caffeine)
    2 teaspoons of organic stevia powder

After blending the ingredients, I put the mixture into the freezer for about a half of an hour. My husband likes to add crushed ice to his.

The recipe I use most often (I can't always do the banana):

1 cup of almond milk
    1 scoop of Spirutein-strawberry flavor (protein powder)
    1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, or, 1 cup of fresh strawberries

Again, I usually blend the ingredients and put them in the freezer for a half an hour. I like my smoothies semi-frozen.

I am looking forward to seeing new recipes posted. Always looking for low calorie goodies!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Yum :O I'm also looking for smoothie recipes (although I am still terrified of my blender after chopping off my finger tip last time I used it >_< )
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Those both sound very tasty :tongue: My new favorite is 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks, 1 fresh peach, 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, and 1 cup vanilla almond milk... I'm still experimenting to see what is good, lol! Hopefully we get a few more ideas on here :)
  • FatFighter1982
    FatFighter1982 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been making smoothies for a few weeks now, and have a couple variations that I usually use. The staples are 2 cups baby kale, 3 cups baby spinach, 2 tbsp chia seeds. Then i interchange frozen pineapple/frozen berry mix/bananas. Sometimes i add a sweetener, or honey and of course either water or almond milk, and sometimes add in greek yogurt. I am NOT a morning person, so usually make multiple days at a time and fill up blender bottles i have and leave them in the fridge, which is ok for a couple days as long as the kale/spinach is still fresh.

My sister made one the other day with honey, kale, frozen strawberries and milk. It was delicious so need to get some strawberries once i finish what i have in the freezer now and attempt to make a variation of that using spinach and chia seeds
  • hedq0006
    hedq0006 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a good one.
    - 2 cups of baby kale
    - 1 cup of frozen fruit (whatever variety you choose is fine) I usually use frozen peaches/ mango/ strawberry/ blueberry
    - 1 sliced frozen banana (or fresh if you prefer a looser smoothie)
    - 1.25 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
    - 1 Tablespoon (or to taste of honey)
    - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Blend all the ingredients well and enjoy. It is about 374 calories but very filling. It is a big serving so feel free to share.