Hey guys I'm new

Options
I've been stalking for a bit to see if this group would accept a complete beginner and you ladies are so inspiring! I still have yet to get a gym membership but I have a bar that I'm practicing form with. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself so hi!

Replies

• StephWieler
    StephWieler Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also new to stronglifts and will be starting on Monday... i am super nervous especially because i will be learning with yucky boys around at the gym :(
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    This group is seriously the best! Welcome to you both!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am really new too, only been at it like 3 weeks! Everyone here is so nice though. I absolutely love reading the workout thread. It's a great group.
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love lifting heavy! His is a wonderful group!
  • MinMin5
    MinMin5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I am also new to the group and wanted to say hi! I just came across the Stronglift 5x5 program this weekend and after reading about I plan on starting Monday :)
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Definitely stop by the daily check-in thread, post your workouts, and read about what everyone else is doing. So much good, inspirational stuff there, and tons of encouragement!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new as well. Just completed week 1!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only newbie here haha. I'm just pracaticing form and trying to be sure I'm getting it all right till I actually get to the gym. But I'm really excited. I'm ready to love weight lifting!
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new lifting gals! You'll love it and how strong you'll feel after just a short time. I'm pretty new too (only about 3 months in), and don't laugh, but I find myself flexing in the mirror! :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like!

Sheila
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    justmytype wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new lifting gals! You'll love it and how strong you'll feel after just a short time. I'm pretty new too (only about 3 months in), and don't laugh, but I find myself flexing in the mirror! :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like!

Sheila

I did 100 burpees everyday for a good while, it was a challenge, and I was flexing quite often haha. Thanks for the warm welcome!

• danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Hello! I am also new to stronglifts and will be starting on Monday... i am super nervous especially because i will be learning with yucky boys around at the gym :(

I am really nervous too! I keep envisioning myself face down at the gym squirming with a bar on top of me. But as I've heard before, they are there for the same reason as you. They are concentrating on their routine and you should concentrate on yours. I'm signing up for my gym membership today and then I'm just going to go check it out. I joined once but had no idea what to do so I never went. Now I know :)
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options

I did 100 burpees everyday for a good while, it was a challenge, and I was flexing quite often haha. Thanks for the warm welcome!

If anyone looks at you funny, just challenge them to a burpee contest. I mean, seriously? That's insane and rad!

:) C.

• danirosevoelkel
    Options
    crabada wrote: »

If anyone looks at you funny, just challenge them to a burpee contest. I mean, seriously? That's insane and rad!

:) C.

Haha, I have done that! And unless they were in the same burpee challenge as me, I destroyed them in burpees. We even got crazy and got together for a 1,000 burpee's in 24hrs party. My Spartan group was crazy.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Welcome! Like you and many others, I started here as a newby too and have been very happy with my progression. There is so much support here so you should fit right in! This group is the bomb, srsly.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Welcome! Like you and many others, I started here as a newby too and have been very happy with my progression. There is so much support here so you should fit right in! This group is the bomb, srsly.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and yes I've been asking questions and getting a taste of the "bomb-ness" of this group ;)
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too. Glad there's so many newbs
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too. Glad there's so many newbs

Me too! Have you started it yet? Today will be my official first day!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Welcome!

Thank you!!
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been "playing" around but I just got serious this week.