Anything is possible!

Options
asia1967
asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
I just wanted to share a mini goal. I had regained 50lbs since my sleeve surgery in Feb. 2011. Yesterday I hit the 50lb lost since starting to log on mfp in June/2014. I can now continue on my journey to my official goal (whatever that maybe.) :tongue:

I wanted to share this, to let everyone know that there is still hope and that we can still lose after a regain. :drinker:

Replies

• MindyMac51
    MindyMac51 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's a great milestone, Asia! I'm 20 lbs. down from a 38 lb. regain, 3.5 years after RNY. Yes, we can do it!
  • asia1967
    Options
    Thanks Mindy, I was wondering how you were making out, but I am trying to keep from being too nosy. lol
  • SteffiLatta
    SteffiLatta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm now down 13.2 lbs after a 45-50lb weight gain after my surgery in 2006. Already feeling better about what I'm doing.
  • asia1967
    Options
    SteffiLatta: glad to hear about you success thus far. Isn't a wonderful feeling to take control of your life again? All the best, keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • SteffiLatta
    SteffiLatta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing pants today that haven't fit this good in years, and it's because I've been concentrating more on what I'm eating and writing it all down. It's not easy, you have to be committed, but it does work.
  • asia1967
    Options
    I agree whole heartily. If it were easy there would be no overweight/obese people in the world! Like my favourite saying goes. You can't have the butt you want sitting on the one you have!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations!!!
  • niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I read this today! I am feeling like I can't do this and that I will have to leave this 40 pounds on my body. Thank you so much for taking the time to share you guys!!

Denise
  • asia1967
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations!!!

Thanks, I just wished I wouldn't have put it back on in the first place. However it is off now and that is what is important.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I read this today! I am feeling like I can't do this and that I will have to leave this 40 pounds on my body. Thank you so much for taking the time to share you guys!!

Denise

It is possible Denise: I just tried to get back to basics. When I started to re loose again, I tried to remember all the things that I had to do right after being cleared for solid food. Kind of had to de program all the old bad habits again. All the best.
  • nitabean47
    nitabean47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today...I and 7 yrs out and today I stepped on the scale and have regained 61 pounds!! I know what I have done wrong and I tried to regroup at he 40 pound regain and I dropped nothing. Not sure what to do from here; get off night shift might help!!
  • asia1967
    Options
    Nitabean: What I did was went back to the very basics. Log and weigh EVERYTHING. I eat more often and smaller meals. We are all different but think back to the beginning and what worked for you. You can do it, it will take a little more dedication this time around. You are headed in the right direction, you are going to do something about it now. Good luck.
    Update. I am down 64lbs is 4 months. Yes it can be done. :)
  • nitabean47
    nitabean47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement.....I need all I can get. Can I add you and see your food diary? I have my goals here set to 60% Protein, 10% carbs and 30% fat....did or do you use this option here?
  • asia1967
    Options
    Nitabean47: sorry haven't gotten back to you sooner, I do not use the option on MFP. Yes feel free to add me, the more the merrier. :smile:
  • asia1967
    Options
    Hi Guys: Just wanted to keep up the encouragement. I am now down 66lbs in a little over 4 months. YES WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! B)
  • XxMarcella85xX
    XxMarcella85xX Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great Job Everyone!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    asia1967 wrote: »
    Hi Guys: Just wanted to keep up the encouragement. I am now down 66lbs in a little over 4 months. YES WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! B)

I'm so proud of you!! :D You are a great inspiration to all of us!
  • asia1967
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks Maggy!! I am giving this my best shot. I have stumbled and fell with my food the past week, so it is time to get back to business.
    I am now down 75lbs in 5 months. That is about 1/2lb per day! Yes it can be done!!! Yes we can do this!!!!! Woot Hoot! :)
  • asia1967
    Options
    Hi everyone, new update. After surviving the Christmas Holidays and putting on 8lbs while I was back home for 6 wks. I am now down 86lb and with a little hard work I might hit 100lb loss by June when I first started MFP last year. All the best and keep putting your best foot forward. B)
  • niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I am officially down 13.5 now in 8 weeks with a lot of hard work. It is definitely not fast like when I first had surgery BUT I do still have my tool that works. I just have to use my knowledge and my pouch to work together along with mindfulness.
    My key is charting it in here and the support from you guys.
    I initially regained 75 pounds (total loss 185) now I just want to lose 20 more pounds. That will enable me to receive the left knee replacement that I need to get rid of this pain when I walk and workout.