Goal setting for VSGers on MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi everyone! I just found this groups this morning. I have been using MyFitnessPal for a while now but need to change my goal settings to reflect the VSG I had 6 weeks ago. What are the proper daily settings for Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar now?

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is just me - I only pay attention to the Calories and the Protein. I have mine set at 1300 calories and (I think) 100 protein. But that's for me. I had my surgery back in March.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Set your goals where your doctor or nutritionist tells you. For instance, MistyHiker is allowed more calories than I am and I'm 3 years out. Mine is at 1,000 calories and 75 grams of protein. I let MFP populate the rest of them. The difference in her and I could be our doctors and their individual programs, or it could be that I'm less active than she is. So follow what your team tells you.
  • Cathiesunday
    Cathiesunday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does vary. I'm also about 6 weeks out and my nutritionist has me at 60 grams of protein and 1000-1200 calories per day.
  • heathervsg
    Options
    Does anyone set a carb goal? or just calories and protein?
  • kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My carb goal is two servings per day (serving varies on what the carb is), calorie goal is 900-1,000, and protein goal is 80.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 75+ get of protein and 1000-1200 calories for losing and about 1300 calories for maintaining. I tend to balance the others equally in the app but I don't pay a whole lot of attention to anything other than protein and rough calories.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    bikrchk wrote: »
    Mine is set for 75+ get of protein and 1000-1200 calories for losing and about 1300 calories for maintaining. I tend to balance the others equally in the app but I don't pay a whole lot of attention to anything other than protein and rough calories.

This.

• ReginaKeat
    ReginaKeat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One tip I split my snacks by time of day. You can do this through the settings. this allows you to visually see if there is a pattern to watch for
    Time of day is important as well