Day 3... Total body circuit

Options
Hey everyone..
So I just completed my workout.. and man was that difficult.... I am beginner to excercising.. so mostly following low impact moves... the first 2 days were goood.. but I found it really hard today.. could not do the planks and spider moves.. even with the modifier...
Please tell me I am not the only one struggling...

Replies

• aphello
    aphello Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No, it was a tough one! The speed was the toughest part for me... Don't worry, it might take 3 weeks before you feel like you are keeping up. Do your best and you WILL improve - trust me.
  • giorgiodh
    giorgiodh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It was a tough. I couldn't get through (even with modifiers) without stopping. I struggled through it and felt great afterwards!
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not alone! Both my wife and I had issues with it. Mainly because we were exercising on a hard surface, and doing the modifiers was even difficult. My wife wanted to quit, but I told her NO! Get your butt over here and DO THIS. We kind of did our own modifiers just to keep moving. When they were doing the spider stuff, my wife would do wall-pushups, and I would just do the leg lifts/kicks.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That is such a tuff work out. I dread it every time. I'm on week 3 and I have to do it tomorrow. Like Shaun T says in the video, do the best you can do, just keep trying...that's all you can do. I keep telling myself that when I want to give up. Hang in there!
  • stickytapir
    Options
    I did this the other day. Man, I was following Tania pretty much all the way. After this workout my hip flexors were a little sore, so took a few days off whilst they heal. I think all those jumps in to squats, quickly jumping from the left to the right was the worst part for me. I find it hard to maintain form, so not going to push for speed until I feel ready.

Not looking forward to ab day later on, because abs hahahha

• SmplGirl
    Options
    Thank youso much..so happy to know i am not the only one..my arms are still sore from yday's workout... but like you all said.. i feel so great about completing it...
    Atleast.. i am not just sitting and praying to god.. to melt all the fat... this will make me think twice.. when i take an extra serving of coldstone icecream...
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    My biggest issue right now is my shoulders and lats. They're BURNING... In a good way of course.
  • aphello
    aphello Posts: 43 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have very flat feet (think ZERO collapsed arches), and my arches have been my "achilles heel" the past 3 days. Everytime I have to stop and rest, it is because my arches have been KILLING me. Like, sore to the light touch killing me. All the jumping/turning/squatting is a big shock to my feet.

My chiropractor recommended that freezing a water bottle and post-workout rolling my arches on it will help, and it has helped a lot! It still hurts and they are sore - but I'm encouraged by the fact that they are getting STRONGER. Soreness is the step before strength. Your body adapts to the new exercise - it takes a while - but it will adapt!

As a reminder - make sure you are taking a really good multi-vitamin (do some research on some good brands). Make sure you get enough nutrients to help rebuild your muscles and strengthen your joints/bones too.
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not alone there! I collapsed in a heap at the end of the total body circuit. My foam roller has become my best friend this week!
  • FrankTheStep
    Options
    I'm on the same as you guys ! Really trying my best to keep up the pace !

Focus everyone ! We can do it !
  • tamred69
    tamred69 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is my second time doing T25, and I am currently on week 4, and all I can say is that workout remains difficult. It really is my achilles heel.
  • skinny4me2be
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @tamred69 I'm on week 4 too and today was TBC for me. I have to do it again on Thursday. So NOT looking forward to it. I work up a great sweat and burn a ton of calories, but this one - I despise. While doing the Oblique pushups--the guy in the back-you can hear him struggling which makes it hard for me to focus and concentrate. Wish I could drown it out but I can't! However, I try each time to do a little more not modified and its hard! I keep telling myself to try a little harder you might see more results this week. I agree-my Achilles heel too--but I'm determined to get through this!!
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    @skinny4me2be - Turn the volume of the music up louder. It should be an option on the DVD. :)
  • skinny4me2be
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @webdebsoup: The music will drown out his voice? Oh thank you! I will try that on Thursday when I do TBC again! Good to know!
  • webdevsoup
    Options
    @skinny4me2be - I can't be 100% certain it will drown his voice out, but I know, in my opinion, it's HARDER for me to hear Shawn T (or any other fitness person in another program, like Les Mills Combat) when I turn the volume up to loud.
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    Almost done with week 5! (I do not do back to backs on Friday)...this week is TBC 3x!! UGH! and #$@$%@!!!!!!! Today I literally thought I was going to lose it toward the end. Yes, I pushed myself a little more, but man! That routine kills me!! I am stronger and can do way more than week 1, that's for sure! Happy to be moving on to Beta for a change of pace next week!
  • tamred69
    tamred69 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just started Beta yesterday as well. So glad to be done with Total Body!
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @ Tamred69 Me too..but I watched all the video's yesterday just to get an idea, and the RIp'd one....looks like a doozie as well. Looking forward to the challenge tho. Core Cardio had me huffin' and puffin' this morning. :-)
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    TBC today and tomorrow (making up some days). It still killed me but I hung in a little more than I did before. I don't know if I'll EVER be able to do an oblique knee pushup lol.
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am with you on that one! That is the only move I can't do at all.