Day 31: Thursday, 10-23-2014

Options
lalepepper
lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
Hello everyone,

I'm back again for the daily threads for Milestone 4. I'm setting reminders for myself to post threads, so we shouldn't have any missed days this time around!

I hope yesterday's weigh-in went well for everyone. We're already over 30% done with the challenge, and I'm glad to see so many of us are still checking in and being consistent! I'm unable to add in my weigh-in at this time, as many of you also seem to be experiencing. Please check back tomorrow if you continue to have difficulty - I'm not exactly sure what's causing difficulties at this time.

What does Day 30's weigh-in mean for your short/long term goals? If you're not seeing the results you'd like, what can help you accomplish them during this next milestone period?

Day 31 is Thursday, and the weekend is drawing near. What would you like to accomplish on Day 31? How do you plan to achieve your goals?

Replies

• balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am working on creating a 2nd spreadsheet with No Log In Needed setting and will send out link in next couple of hours. Thank you for everyone's patience.
  • balancedwalker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I created a 2nd spreadsheet and tested as Anonymous and got the same pop up, means that to access spreadsheet you are asked to Log In. I checked with Google and found that the problem is on their end. See Google Support thread here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/2Q3whjNN0iA[1-25-true]

Now we have three alternatives in front of us:

1. Do nothing and wait for Google to fix it.
    2. Get a free Google Account and self update it.
    3. Need volunteers with Google Account to add/update weight for those who do not have a free Google Account and are not willing to get a free Google Account.

I will suggest the 2nd option. This may be little inconvenient but this inconvenience is nothing as compared to the reward that awaits you in the form of NEW YOU by NEW YEAR. I will post this at multiple places. I hope that you stay on track at times of this momentarily technical glitch.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    I just tried as Anonymous (yes, without log in) to access a spreadsheet of another MFP group (2014 Scare the Pounds Away, I am a member of this awesome group) and got the exact same error. This clearly means that we will need to get Google free account to log in and make changes.
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's early! :smile:

My goals are just to get 6-8 hrs of sleep!

Hope everyone had a great weigh in!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,301 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today I will
    1. stay below my calories
    2. drink 10 glasses of water
    3. go to the gym
    4. tidy my home office and bedroom

Have a great day everyone!
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot to weigh in yesterday in the commotion of getting my bike ready for cycling to work this morning for the first time. Have just put in my last known weight (from 20%) and will update it later tonight properly.

As for my goals I would like to:
    1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    2. Try to stay below calories
    3. Go to bed (electricals off) by 10.30pm

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My goals today are:
    1. Stay within my calorie goals (I haven't been very good lately)
    2. Get in 12,000 steps
    3. Be good tonight..going to a birthday party after work and I will have no control over food!

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    I just tried as Anonymous (yes, without log in) to access a spreadsheet of another MFP group (2014 Scare the Pounds Away, I am a member of this awesome group) and got the exact same error. This clearly means that we will need to get Google free account to log in and make changes.
    If you're fast enough you can log in your weight before the error message and it saves the data! I just did that for two of my groups and it worked!

• balancedwalker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I will be very honest here and say that creating free Google Account takes probably less time than brewing coffee, waiting in queue at the shopping register, waiting for commute, or even flipping channels on your TV remote till you get your favorite show. All these things may be important but so is the weigh in.

Though the intent of this group is to make is as easy as possible to get members on track but I need your help. I am sure that you will be as much embarrassed as I am to see 504 lbs group performance (as of now) compared to 627 lbs of last log in.

Please do your part and I request that you self update your weight if you have not already done so.

• jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Logged in and entered my weight. no loss but no gain so I will take it. Todays goals are to count every calorie (I have been very bad at that this week) and to not drink coffee or soda. The next 3 weeks are going to be the hardest for me. Lots of hours at work 7-5pm days, home to kids, up till 2am getting ready for shows every weekend... I can't let this undo all of my hard work!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday!

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 40 minutes cross training (swimming & maybe yoga)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Did really nice yesterday and my weight went down. Taking a look at the spreadsheet and my progress I believe I need to adjust my goals and be more ambitious! Originally started at 210 aiming for 195 but I will change that to 189 because it seems doable and a little more challenging.
    For today, I plan on going for a nice hike since it's sunny and only mildly cold; also my DOMS is still here to remind me of my max deadlift on Tuesday so walking should help flush that out.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible sleep last night, so I don't think a trip to the gym is in the cards. It's not even noon and I'm already exhausted.

Today's goals:
    - 12 glasses of water before leaving work
    - no snacks after dinner
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Feel like I may have a cold coming on - everyone at work has been sick, it may be my turn. :( Feeling really tired, so setting my goals for the day low 9 glasses of water & stay withing my calories.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am at 25% for my weight loss goal. I was only 2 pounds away from my goal for the month. I will be trying harder in the next couple of weeks. My goal for today is to get all my steps in and drink all my water.Staying under my calories. When I and my daughter both have a evening off. I tend to go over my calories as we take my husband out to eat,he is now working days so we like to eat out instead of cooking. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!
    My goals leading up to the next weigh in are to drink more water, and eliminate cola even if it does fit in ... I want to catch up to where I am supposed to be by the 50% milestone. Which means the next 20 days I need to step it up and really watch my cheat days.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday!
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Goals for today:
    1-Go to my zumba class. (done)
    2-Log all my calories and stay within my allotment.
    3-Go to bed by 1am.
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to get the light cardio in yesterday but met all other goals.

Today I'm going for a 2 mile job this evening. If I jog the entire time like I have been the last couple of weeks, I will up the length to 2.5 miles on Sunday (already have that route mapped out so I better make it happen this evening :) )

Goals for Day 31

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Jog 2 miles without stopping
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was happy with how yesterday turned out. I'm finally on-track at 30.48% progress after initially gaining. I went a bit over on sodium yesterday, but otherwise I drank enough and ate under calories. I also reached my step goal, even though it required me walking in circles around my house for a solid 20 minutes. I worked a 10.5 hour day and was driving most of the day in driving rain, and was far too sore and tired to go to the gym. I'm not too worked up about it. I am antsy to go and want to be riding, but I'd rather not push my limit. Unfortunately it will be impossible for me to reach my mileage goal this month, but I can start afresh in November.

Today I'd like to get some paperwork done, have a good enrollment visit with a child new to our program, and have a nice salad when I get home. I'd like to continue to stay under calories, keep sodium within reasonable levels, drink enough water, and reach my step goal. My shoulders and neck have been ridiculously tense, cramped, and painful, so I'm not going to push to go to the gym if I don't feel up to it. I'll just end up in more pain if I'm not ready.