How is everyone getting on?

Options
fayelobeck89
fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member
How's things people?
Are we all on target? How are you co pig with the change of lifestyle?
Any problems? I hope not! I hope everyone is feeling good about what they're doing :)

I for one reached my half way goal which I feel amazing about and I also managed to fit into a smaller size of clothing, #winning!
On te other hand, I've been ill and I'm till feeling rough almost a week and a half later! Still, autumn is my favourite season I think, this year I have welcomed it with open arms and I am uber excited for Christmas this year :)

Replies

• pegastarlight
    pegastarlight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've plateaued in my results recently, but I just added strength training last week. When doing research, a lot of people say it's normal for them to gain 3-5 pounds for the first couple weeks due to increased water retention, glycogen and blood in the muscles to repair themselves. I'm due for measuring myself this weekend, so I'll see a little better then on how fat burn is going.

I've been feeling a lot more energetic and fit though! So, I'd say over all things are definitely a huge positive on my end.
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    I've plateaued in my results recently, but I just added strength training last week. When doing research, a lot of people say it's normal for them to gain 3-5 pounds for the first couple weeks due to increased water retention, glycogen and blood in the muscles to repair themselves. I'm due for measuring myself this weekend, so I'll see a little better then on how fat burn is going.

I've been feeling a lot more energetic and fit though! So, I'd say over all things are definitely a huge positive on my end.

That all sounds really positive! Well done you :)
    I really need to add exercise. I don't exercise at all, just lost the weight so far with change of eating habits and I've recently put in due to illness and that's annnoyed me so I think I need to up my game.

What kind of exercise do you do?
  • pegastarlight
    pegastarlight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I walk to a running trail nearby (round trip walk is about 1.5 miles, though I usually extend it to about 1.75) and then run on an outdoor trail that's 1.25 miles three times a week. Twice a week, I do some circuit training on calisthenics and weights--situps, crunches, leg lifts, pushups, squats, planks, pull ups, chin ups, curls, triceps, a variety of laterals/delts, military press and calf raises. I just do all of that at home with a couple dumbbells I have and a pull up bar.

On my last running day next week, I'm going to try two laps around the trail while backing down my pace. It's a difficult trail with all of the hills on it, but that's what I like about it. Also I like that it's small gravel instead of pavement.
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    That's good! I'm a bit limited because I have a toddler so I haven't got the time to do most exercises and there's always seems to be something that needs to be done in my spare time so I do find I haven't got the time to do much.

I'm thinking of adding some calisthenics into my day but starting of small, like 10 of each and slowly work myself up I higher numbers, maybe I can reduce the DOMS by doing it that way x
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have reached my halfway point too! :smiley: I have also gotten up the steel to get down and dirty to finally get my house in more proper order so it doesn't return to chaos! I am still primarily walking to get my exercise, but it's working! :smile:
  • fayelobeck89
    Options
    I have reached my halfway point too! :smiley: I have also gotten up the steel to get down and dirty to finally get my house in more proper order so it doesn't return to chaos! I am still primarily walking to get my exercise, but it's working! :smile:

Awesome! Well done you!
    I've hit a brick wall at the moment, struggling with cravings and stuff but it's all good, I'm aure I'll get over it soon enough lol

I love walking, walking is mostly how I've managed to get my exercise! Walking is great for you so keep it up :)