Favorite flavors?

Options
dan_IRL
dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
Without going too deep into recipes and "hacks", what is your favorite flavor (both tasting and satisfying) of straight packets?

Replies

• taivazian
    Options
    chocolate, pinapple/apricot, vanilla, cocoa is good too
  • yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Choc pudding
    Vanilla pudding
    Lemon pudding
    Pineapple Apricot

I lived on those 4 flavors for 8 mos. I use SF Torani syrups to change up the flavors and would make them both hot and cold for variety. I prefer the puddings to shakes because they are thicker and more satisfying. I mix the puddings with 12-16oz water.
  • dan_IRL
    Options
    Good stuff. I'll try a couple of different ones on Monday. Thanks!

Do you need a blender for the puddings or can you make them in a standard shaker bottle?
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    My husband shakes them in a shaker bottle, I can't get them smooth in a blender bottle. I tend to either make them hot in which case I use the blender attachment for the travel cups to my ninja or make them cold with ice in the blender. If I am going to be making them at work where I only have a blender bottle I take Lemon pudding or Pineapple Apricot because those blend best in the blender bottles for me. Vanilla and Chocolate pudding for some reason I have to blend. It's totally a texture thing for me though, my husband had no issue so I would try in the blender bottle and see if it bugs you, I could just be an odd duck ;-).
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Top three:
    Chocolate with fiber
    Lemon pudding with fiber
    Cheddar broccoli soup (make chips)
  • ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I almost exclusively have iced Hot Cocoa shakes now.
    My second favorite is the lemon pudding made as a shake.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    110toLose wrote: »
    I almost exclusively have iced Hot Cocoa shakes now.
    My second favorite is the lemon pudding made as a shake.

MmMm Going to have to try iced hot cocoa... thanks for the tip :smiley:
  • dan_IRL
    Options
    I got lemon pudding with fiber, chocolate with fiber, Pineapple and Apricot and a variety pack. So far I REALLY enjoy the lemon pudding (made as a thick shake, thanks YellowDaisy!) and the Pineapple Apricot.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    Try the chocolate pudding made as a shake, it tastes so much better than the choc with fiber. If you have a blender with travel mugs (like a Ninja) try the choc pudding with 12oz hot water and a dash of cinnamon.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    Tried the lemon pudding as Shake and it was awesome. Also tried hot chocolate. Yummmm
  • dan_IRL
    Options
    Had the chocolate pudding as a shake this morning. It was MUCH better than both the chocolate and chocolate with fiber IMO. I did it with 16oz of water (I bought the bigger blender bottle, I only had the small one). It's also MUCH more filling. I feel like I ate a big hearty breakfast!
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    dan_IRL wrote: »
    Had the chocolate pudding as a shake this morning. It was MUCH better than both the chocolate and chocolate with fiber IMO. I did it with 16oz of water (I bought the bigger blender bottle, I only had the small one). It's also MUCH more filling. I feel like I ate a big hearty breakfast!

Glad you liked it! When my clinic suggested using the puddings as shakes I was skeptical, but once I did I never went back to the regular choc and vanilla options.
  • sn1ckerdoodle
    sn1ckerdoodle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use chocolate shake, pineapple apricot shake, and on occasion will have a chocolate-fudge bar (only VLCD approved bar at my clinic). My favorite is in the morning using shaker bottle to mix chocolate shake with a spoon of instant coffee granules and some ice cubes - feels like i'm drinking a glass of choco milk or iced mocha in the morning!

I also use at least a couple more ounces of water than the shakes call for otherwise they're too thick for me but just personal preference there.
  • amyc2912
    amyc2912 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the lemon with fiber pudding and the cream of chicken soup.
  • sebrinac
    sebrinac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How do you guys like the vanilla pudding? I tried the vanilla shake and could not stand it! Especially the aftertaste.
  • amyc2912
    amyc2912 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I HATED the vanilla shake but I love the vanilla pudding. It's one of my favorites. It doesn't taste anything like the shake.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    Ditto Amy! The choc and vanilla puddings are totally different than the shakes and they taste really good made as shakes.

If you're drinking them cold try 12-16oz black cherry water mixed with the choc pudding, sounds weird, tastes amazing!

They are also both awesome made as hot drinks (12oz hot water). Vanilla pudding hot with SF salted caramel torani. Choc pudding hot with SF brown sugar cinnamon torani.
  • sebrinac
    sebrinac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I will try the vanilla pudding today. Yellowdaisy where did you buy the torani syrups from? I've checked Walmart, Target, and even Whole Foods and can't find them anywhere.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    I get them at a store call the Cash and Carry. They have every flavor Torani makes. I think they are only in west coast states though, not sure where you are. I've heard from others that Smart and Final has a really good selection if that's an option. I also found about 4-6 flavors at Cost Plus prior to finding Cash and Carry.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    You can also get them directly from Torani or Amazon, but they aren't nearly as cost effective. They are $4/bottle at the Cash and Carry and around $4.50-$5/bottle at Smart and Final. I think they are around $7/bottle at Cost Plus.