Sole Trainers - Chat (10/23-10/29)

Options
Looking forward to another good show...and this time getting to watch it live finally! (And getting home before 8pm for once :) But bummed it will only be 1 hour yet again.

Commercial Challenge:

In honor of tonight's episode named the drop:

I can't remember what these are called. You bend your knees & jump in the air throwing your arms above your head. As you land back on your feet, you keep bending your knees and touch the ground with your hands and then immediately push back up with your legs to a jump with your arms overhead...and cycle.

For a harder version, when you land & bend your knees to touch the ground with your hands, instead of going straight back into a jump, you punch your legs out into a pushup, then back to your hands and then back up into the jump...and cycle.

If you have bad knees or something find an alteration like wall "squat" holds or something.

Replies

• Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Had to chuckle. I'm reading the description of the exercise thinking my body is not ready for that and the next paragraph is "for a harder version" . . .
    So yeah . . . A modification will have to be done ; )

I can only imagine the capabilities my body will be able to do in some things. But hey I can go down the stairs with either leg now, instead of that one leg, hold on to a handrail shuffle. And with no need of a handrail to ease stress on knees. It's progress . . . literally one step at a time.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Squat jumps and burpees.

Yikes!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't think my downstairs neighbor will appreciate this challenge. I think instead I will do a modification of the burpee that is on the dvd's I'm doing.
    Instead of jumping up, just going up onto my toes
    Instead of jumping out into plank, walking my legs out into plank
    And no push up (I am still not strong enough to do a full push up)
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone--I'm back! Sorry I haven't been on for awhile--we have had something to do every Thursday night for the past couple of weeks. I'm glad that I am able to watch the show "live"

Dolvett--I will save you!!!! :) Ugghh--time for burpies!!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I am holding out for Blue right now.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Awesome! Blue got it!
  • VickiG36
    Options
    I never understand why when teams lose their trainers they look so defeated. They have been there 7 weeks. Seems like they'd know the routine by now.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I agree. It is like they don't trust their team to be able to go on without them.
  • VickiG36
    Options
    Jump squats are done.
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Really surprised at Comeback Canyon's numbers.
  • VickiG36
    Options
    Etherlily1 wrote: »
    Really surprised at Comeback Canyon's numbers.

Me too!
  • VickiG36
    Options
    Allison's dress is hard on the eyes.
  • VickiG36
    Options
    What is going on with the Blue team!
  • deedeetris
    Options
    Awww. That was very nice on the canyon and that was a ROCK!!
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    VickiG36 wrote: »
    What is going on with the Blue team!

I have no idea. I am suspecting nutrition as the cause.
  • deedeetris
    Options
    Next week looks interesting! I can understand what JJ is doing--everytime I fall off the wagon a little bit, I go crazy and I can't get back. Anyone else like that? Anyway to stop that behavior?
  • deedeetris
    Options
    Well, ladies, have a great night--I'm changing to my channel to my other guilty pleasure--Project Runway! Finale tonight, so it should be good. Take care!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sorry group for not getting weight reported in and missing the show chat. I developed shingles and haven't been doing much more than I have to. Will try to watch the show and do some type of exercise.
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey there Team! I have to bow out of the group due, in part, to time constraints. I wish you all the best! Go Team, go!
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I watched the show, but still having computer issues and unable to chat here while watching it. I did my own exercises during commercials and beyond. I still just am not connecting to this season that much. I just guess it is due to the change in trainers and also not finding any connection with a contestant. So I watch it, but am not that drawn in as I have been in the past. Still feel like this season's losses are less than prior seasons by far. I could be wrong, but their numbers each week are just not seeming that impressive. I expect BIG results when you are there at the ranch and have 100% focus on workouts and food. If you only lose 2 pounds there, then you would probably gain if you were at home and working and dealing with family life. So I continue to be unimpressed with this season.
This discussion has been closed.