Introduce Yourself

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Nina.

I was always bigger until I reached adulthood, lost 40 lbs and kept it off for around 6 years. Then a couple years ago I started to see my weight fluctuate with lifestyle changes (relationship weight gain lol, not going out dancing so much, replacing gym nights with Netflix nights etc.) I gained back the 40 plus another 14 and am looking to change it all by the time I get married on September 19. I struggled with binge eating and have sought the help I need and feel pretty confident that I have it under control. I'm hoping to make some new friends on here and we can cheer each other on :)

Replies

• didoette
    didoette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys my name is Debbie.
    I'm 26 years old. I'll be turning 27 in November, and by boyfriend and I think it's about that time to get married. He wanted to get married in December but I just can't imagine doing that lugging around 50 extra lbs. I am an "emotional eater" (if you can call it that) so doing it all on my own and motivating myself will not cut it. I am 3 days in and have been controlling myself pretty good by reading all you awesome people's stories. I hope I can be of encouragement to some of you ladies as well. I have already taken my before photos :\ and will surely post them when the time comes. Skinny dust to everyone in this group!!! :)
  • elektrolization
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I forgot to put my age, i'll be 27 this month. Ugh before photos. I've been putting them off but they truly are the best way to see the difference in yourself. I understand emotional eating, it's what had me bingeing. Good luck to you! And please use this group to ask wedding related questions too, its always fun to talk with other people about all the plans :)
  • didoette
    didoette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its the first time I do the before picture thing. Its was harsh LOL. So what kind of wedding are you looking into? We want something very small and personal so I'm taking the DIY route. Im soooooo excited!!
  • elektrolization
    Options
    I had originally wanted this newer hotel that just opened up in our area, we would have used all the hotel's wedding services which would have added up to more than we planned. But we decided that keeping some money for travel was more important so we booked this other really neat venue where we hire our own caterers, bartenders and can buy alcohol and return it (because that's where the money is at!). We would have about 100-120 guests at ours. I'll definitely be doing some DIY stuff with my decor and whatnot. I'm excited too, this year is probably going to go by so fast!
  • mellowkate
    mellowkate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Katie. Like I said on the original post on the boards, I'm actually a single gal, but I'm IN two weddings next year (April in New Orleans, November in Virginia). About two years ago, I was down 72 pounds from my original weight, but went through a breakup, kinda stopped caring, and found a little more than half of the weight I'd lost. The November wedding is my BFF's, and while there will be 6 groomsmen on one side of the aisle, it'll just be me standing up next to the bride. So really, while I'd like to get back on track for myself in general, it's nice to have that timeline to help me stick to it.

I'm also all about DIY. The day she told me they were looking at rings, I started a Pinterest board, since we're both very crafty ladies. So many options for table decorations and favors, I barely know what to do with myself.
  • glogirl27
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Gloria and my wedding date will be June 14, 2015. I joined MFP about three years ago and slimmed down to my ideal weight only to gain all the weight back when I enrolled in law school (late nights and stress eating of course). Now that my wedding day is looming, I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds and tone up so I can look beautiful in my wedding dress. Although to lose 10 pounds in 7 months shouldn't be too hard, getting rid of my munchies attacks and incorporating strength training to tone up is my toughest obstacle considering I have the strength endurance of a mouse lol. Nice to meet you all :#
  • elektrolization
    Options
    Hi Katie & Gloria, Welcome to the group! It's nice to see people with all kinds of different goals. One thing we all have in common is that we had lost weight then gained it back...isn't that how life seems to happen for us? Lol.

Gloria, you'll do great! I'm the same with strength...I have zero. I need to work on that too :)

Katie I think it's neat about the 6 groomsmen and just yourself standing up there for the wedding party. We have an uneven number as well (3 for me, 4 for my FH) and some people are just so opinionated about that! I don't see an issue with it and i'm not going to have someone else I'm not close to stand up for me.
  • laurashjess
    Options
    Hi I am Lauren, 24, getting married next september on the beach and I want to look like I did when my fiance and I first started dating in high school 10 years ago. I also have PCOS which makes it difficult to lose weight, but I AM DETERMINED. I would like to lose 30lbs by september and have already lost 7 however I told myself I will not try on wedding dresses until I lose 10 lbs, so 3 more to go. I am low-carbing and using the elliptical.
  • elektrolization
    Options
    Woo PCOS club unite! It does make it more difficult :( Nice, am wondering what everyone is doing for diets. I am carb cycling. Alternate ne day high carb with one day low carb. It's been 2 weeks and so far i've lost 4 lbs. Good luck to you!
  • laurashjess
    Options
    yeah low carb seems to work best for me with the insulin resistance from the pcos, I am just worried about stalling, it hasn't happened yet *fingers crossed*
  • elektrolization
    Options
    Do you take any medications? My former doc gave me a prescription for Metformin. She didn't explain it to me at all or even tell me why I needed it. She just told me I'm overweight and to take it. Its still sitting in my medicine cabinet.
  • laurashjess
    Options
    I take metformin, it is supposed to help my cells absorb the insulin according to my doctor, however it takes some time for your body to get used to, and I find that if I eat a lot of carbs I have horrible stomach issues. :s
  • mic_ie
    mic_ie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Michaela. I have been on this website on and off again for several years and have never really be able to stick to a good routine for more than a couple weeks. My wedding is in October and the dress I ordered is already slightly big so I don't really need to lose weight, but what I really want to focus on is not gaining any more and toning up. My dress has a beautiful illusion back and I would like to have some upper body definition to really show it off. I'm at the upper limits of my healthy weight range but I am what you would call "skinny fat".

I'm a lot like some of the other posters and emotionally eat or just mindlessly eat when watching tv. I also have a chronic kidney disease and have been put on prednisone several times. Each time I gain so much weight in my face, I hardly recognize myself. I'm really hoping that I don't relapse before the big day but if I do I just need to work that much harder on maintaining and not gaining.

I'm hoping that by joining a group this time, I will be more successful with reaching my goals. Its nice to join a group where everyone's goal isn't to be super model/body builder fit but just healthy and looking good. Here's to all our success!
  • laurashjess
    Options
    Hi Michaela! Congratulations! I am working on toning up my arms to, haven't found a dress yet, but I know I want them to look amazing!

P.S. Prednisone is the devil!
  • elektrolization
    Options
    Welcome to the group Michaela! I hope we can all help each other with our struggles! I had my own recently and haven't been on this site yet this month :( But i'm back now, lets try and get some new topics going :)