Paleo challenge results

bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
Ok, so we just finished our Paleo challenge. It went for 5 weeks. I've done several before and have always gained back most if not all of the weight. This time is different, so I'm putting this out there for all to see. Give me a boot in the behind if you see me slacking :)

Starting weight: 304.5, ending weight 286.

Lost one inch off my neck, chest was roughly the same, 3 inches off my belly. Hips went up .5 inches (cuz squats=gainz) I actually need more *kitten*, so I'm happy about this.

Max box jump at start: 33 inches. End, 35 inches (and I feel like it was a bad day for me. No pop in my legs, but oh well.)
Run 1 mile for time: Start: 10:20. End: 8:59

15 minutes to work to 1RM clean: Start 195 (PR) End: 185. Not every session is a PR
3 minutes for max 10 Rep Deadlift, only two attempts allowed: Start 265, end 275

WOD: 7 minute AMRAP
7 Thrusters (75/45)
7 Lateral Bar Hop Burpees:

Start: 3 rounds +5
End: 4 Rounds +7 (this WOD sucks holy hell, btw. Tell your coach to program it. You hit the wall much faster than you would think.)

Going to retest these around Thanksgiving just for fun. Any other good success stories?

Replies

• itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Awesome results! Keep it up-you made it 5 weeks, nothing is stopping you from continuing right? I did a challenge in March for 8 weeks, first two weeks sucked scissors. Somewhere along the way I realized good eating habits don't have to be boring, so I started trying new recipes and I've had fun with it which in return has kept me going. Stick with it-the results will continue to follow.
    You got this!
  • bostonwolf
    Did two cheat meals. Had an italian sub and ice cream and a root beer last night. had some chips and little powdered donuts for lunch today. Doing a met-con tonight so that will take care of itself. Going to be pretty strict going forward though, maybe the occasional beer.
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Lol, nice. I go off plan every now and again too, which isn't a bad thing-usually get right back on track the next meal. Cheers!
  • bostonwolf
    I'll probably hit a local donut shop this weekend (rated the best donuts in greater Boston) and that will be it. Was back to my four eggs this morning, some beef/veggie stew for lunch, peanuts for a snack and some fish for dinner. I actually enjoy it and feel like it give me better, steadier energy throughout the day.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    I'll probably hit a local donut shop this weekend (rated the best donuts in greater Boston) and that will be it. Was back to my four eggs this morning, some beef/veggie stew for lunch, peanuts for a snack and some fish for dinner. I actually enjoy it and feel like it give me better, steadier energy throughout the day.

I'm from Plymouth! always searching for donut finds...care to share?
  • bostonwolf
    Ohlins in Belmont, MA. Right off Trapelo Road. The honeydipped glazed just melt in your mouth.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Great progress! I 'm glad you will keep the nutrition part going.
  • bostonwolf
    Fell off a bit (never more than one meal a day) but am going back strict today for the next week or two. I really want to push under 280 and stay there.

My wife brought back some Chipotle leftovers from work. I came in last night after having a beer at a friends house and make a big bowl of chicken and beans and devoured it.

I am paying a steep, steep price today my friends. When you haven't eaten beans for 6 weeks and then you eat a lot of them, it's not a good thing.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Those are awesome results!
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Good job bostonwolf - quite an improvement! x