Can I get some friend adds from fellow runners?

Options
Hi - 48 year old mother of two, 5 year runner, trying to eat mindfully and fuel the life I want looking to build the dream team of supportive others and know that fellow runners are a big part of that team.

Give me an "add" would ya?

Kristi

Replies

• amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I added you
  • catchkristi
    catchkristi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Niczac Can I ask what you set your macro nutrients at? I am so confused about carbs vs. protein. Lots of conflicting information.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Of course everybody is different. When marathon training you want to consume about 4-5 grams of carbs for every kilogram of body weight and about 1.3 grams of protein per k. So if one weighed 140 pounds (63 kg) that would be 250-315 grams of (good) carbs and 82 grams of protein
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Added you Kristi! Not to hijack your thread but I would also like to have more runners on my page. Feel free to add me if you already haven't, hopefully my posts can inspire you.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Added you!
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! Anyone is welcome to add me as well - I like seeing a lot of running on my newsfeed :) Re: your question on macros, I have to admit I don't pay much attention to it. I just try to eat a lot of veggies and lean protein, and keep my processed carbs relatively low...
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new to MFP but have been running for about 5 years as well. I am using a TDEE model with a 250 calorie deficit, hoping to reach an ideal racing weight within about 14 weeks.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me. I'm not very fast, but I'm about to do my second half this year on Saturday (after a multiple year break from running before 2014, sigh), and I'm hoping to keep running outside through the winter and looking for as much encouragement as possible. I'm in Chicago and am thinking of signing up for a new 14 mile race we have in January, but that winter last year has scared me a bit.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Ran a half in 2012 and then got pregnant. Due to complications I couldn't run during pregnancy. I just started running regularly again this year and am planning on running at least 2 half marathons next year and depending on how that goes am considering training for a full marathon. Feel free to add me! I could use all the support I can get ;-)
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I just hit you up.
  • SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oh Great! I added a bunch of you! I'm training for my first 100 and struggling with diet. Add me too!