Tell Me More!

gigi8oa
gigi8oa Posts: 28
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Here you can describe yourself and your start weight. Anything you will like to share about your goals or plans and your current weight. Add more if you feel comfortable or just stop by to say "Hi!".

Example:

My Story -
Why Am I here? -
My Goals -
My Weight/Size

Do not provide any information you wouldn't want to be disclosed.

Replies

• Krys69
    Krys69 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2014
    My Story - Trying to get healthy and be at a happy weight for me
    Why Am I here? - This is my first group ever! What could it hurt to get some feedback from people who are in the same boat as myself?!
    My Goals - I would like to lose about 30 to 35lbs and to maintain it!
    My Weight/Size I currently weight is 168lbs.
  • gigi8oa
    First of all, welcome to the group and I appreciate you being the first to comment. I can actually relate to you tremendously due to the fact that my starting weight was 161 lbs. I am now on 141.8 but it wasn't an easy thing to do. I have been only eating right, no exercise. My current size is a size 8 in some pants and a size 10 in others. I don't know what your pant size is but, when I was 161 lbs, I was size 12/14. I also had a weight loss goal close to yours, except mines was 40 lbs.
  • vermonster271909
    vermonster271909 Posts: 13 Member
    Hey, I'm Lindsay! :)

My Story: I'm trying to stick with using MFP this time because I want to be and feel healthier than I currently am. I would love to be at my goal weight by my 30th birthday 03/19/15.

Why am I here?: I finally found a group where the people are the same height as me and probably have very similar starting weights and goals. This support, motivation and tips will be more useful to me than joining a group where everyones stats are waaaay different than mine and what they do doesn't benefit/apply to me.

My goals: To lose 40-45lbs by 03/19/15

My weight/size: I currently weigh 180.4 and wear size 14/16 pants - I'm hoping to be in single digits for pants and weigh between 135-140 range. I don't care so much about the numbers on the scale or my pants ... those numbers don't determine who I am ... I just want to feel healthier, like the way I look in pictures and when looking in the mirror.

I currently started C25K, I've been trying to follow Paleo/Primal lifestyle and I use a Garmin Forerunner 10 to keep track of how many calories I REALLY burn instead of relying on an automated count from MFP. I don't burn nearly as much as MFP says I do when I log things. BONUS .... Garmin Forerunner 10 syncs with MFP so I don't have to do anything! :)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE & feel free to add me for support, advice and just having a friend to keep you on track. Yes, I will be honest and won't always sugar coat things ... I don't want people like that ... it doesn't help me get to my goals and probably won't help you either. I need people who will kick my butt when I don't drink enough water, don't log exercise and/or have a bad day with logging (meaning I don't eat enough calories). :smile:
  • gigi8oa
    Hi there, Lindsay! Welcome to my group. I really appreciate your honesty towards the end. It's very true, sometimes we need that extra push to motivate us even more. I think it's a great request! I also have some trouble logging in my meals, I barely complete my logs because I like to do a lot of stuff "homemade" so, I don't know how to log everything and every single calorie I ate. However, for me, it's all about portion control and constant effort. So, I feel comfortable about what I am eating because I know I'm not hogging up the whole place.

A little about me is that I never had this control in my life and honestly, it's been a very stressful up and down journey. I love food! I love Italian food the most, the taste, everything! That's what I managed to control. About 3 months ago, I was a constant buyer in fast food restaurants, soda drinker, restaurant junkie, and went on countless binges. However, ever since I started dropping all of these things, my skin problems disappeared, I feel more happier and I don't rely on unhealthy food anymore.

I suggest people lay off these bad habits I had because it really makes a difference. BUT, It's okay to once in a while give yourself a treat and dine somewhere else other than your home. Just don't make it a continuous cycle.
  • gigi8oa
    By the way, all the goal weights that I am viewing from you guys are really healthy weights and I like that. It shows me you guys are mainly looking for that healthy state. Nothing is impossible. One of my family members is 5'2" and was 270 pounds, now she is 214 lbs and plans to go down to 180, etc. Only from dieting. Look for what's healthy for you!
  • vermonster271909
    vermonster271909 Posts: 13 Member
    A few things that help me stay on track ... using MFP like it's my job, using Jokari Healthy Steps Portion Control 3-Piece Serving Set (found on Amazon) and using a saucer instead of a dinner plate. I fill it up and when it's full it looks like a lot of food but if I were to put it all on a normal dinner plate it would probably be 1/2 the amount. I only use a saucer when my Jokari set is dirty. :smiley:
  • gigi8oa
    Oh, okay! Yeah, I think that's a great idea. I actually also ate things slower, I forgot to mention I used to eat very fast, now I take my time. It affects my appetite a lot.
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi! I'm 33 and have been 10-20 lb overweight for my whole adult life. It's funny how a number that seems so small can still feel overwhelming to try to lose!

Over the last year my weight had been creeping up again, so in July (at 159) I decided to give MFP a try. I was a little nervous about tracking everything I ate, not wanting to become obsessed, but 3 months (and 13 pounds) later I am a believer! Using MFP has helped me to incorporate more vegetables into my daily diet, reduce my added sugar intake, and get more exercise (even if it's just a 20 minute walk). I feel healthier and more in control of my diet than ever. I even feel more in control of my splurges. Tracking things helps me to "rein it in" so that I [usually] don't go into a death spiral after that first piece of cake and it also helps me to feel motivated to take advantage of a fresh start the next day. But I also like making MFP friends -- I always need more motivation and support to keep going!

I would like to get to 140 (BMI <25) before I [hopefully] get pregnant in the near future.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Hi Gigi - Hi everyone! Thanks for setting this group up.

I am sick of yo-yoing between 160 and 150lbs, which I have been doing for the whole of this year - well no, early months of this year I was 170lbs so I haven't done too bad, but now I seem to be going up and down this 150-160.

Ideally I would like to see how I feel at 140lbs. I remember being 146 in my twenties (I am 54 now) and I was almost seeing abdominal definition so I think 140 could be a good weight to reach as my ideal weight.

I practise Ashtanga yoga and being 20lbs overweight really holds me back as I am at the stage where I am doing more advanced stuff where I really need to be a lot lighter to really enjoy what I am doing and to do it well. I am here to reach 150lbs by the end of this year and with 9 weeks to go I believe I can do this.

I also do sea swimming and you would think that would be a great calorie burner. It may be, but coming out of the cold sea makes me ravenous! I think the solution would be to have a couple of hot drinks to warm up again before I eat.

My current weight is 159lbs; weighed naked this morning before breakfast. I think I am 20lbs over.

Its good to be on board and I look forward to supporting you all as we work this out together.

Carl
  • gigi8oa
    I am so glad to have you guys here.
  • gigi8oa
    edited October 2014
    Carl, I hope you really achieve that weight loss you are planning before christmas ( 159-10=149)... because oh boy, when christmas comes around, many people gain weight. Yummy food!
    I really think it's possible for you to lose the weight with a 1500 cal. plan. If you exercise, then you will get there much faster. I will start exercising on Monday. I have already lost 20 pounds. Now, I want to lose 20 more pounds and tone up. I wasn't really going to hit the weights until I saw that my skin started getting really soft, almost like a cushin. I am not saggy though. I am fairly young and only lost 20 pounds. I believe it might be the lack of defined muscles that is making me this soft. Anyways, let's see what happens! Any suggestions?
  • My Story - Thank you for setting up this group. It feels good to share weight loss journey with the people of same height.
    I am diagnosed with PCOS and the doctor asked me to lose my weight to reduce the effects of PCOS.
    Why Am I here? - To lose weight
    My Goals
    Phase 1: 150
    Phase 2: 140
    Phase 3: 130
    Phase 4: 126 (Tone up)
    My Weight 163.2
    Size - 12
  • gigi8oa
    I am sure you can achieve those goals! I was actually 160 lbs for my highest we weight so I can relate to you also!
    You are always welcome and feel free to post threads , etc!
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    Hi Sahithya - I like that you have your weight loss goals in phases. I also set a smaller goal for my first weight loss goal (150), and then once I met it I set a new goal (145), and now I'm working toward my 3rd goal (140). Good luck with phase 1, you can do it!